• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kudos to fosterers...

dizzyg

Warren Veteran
I don't know how you do it, I really don't.

I looked after my friend's kitten this weekend and was utterly bereft when he left yesterday.

I don't know how you manage to take on animals for months, years, then let them go. It must break your hearts.

So love and hugs and appreciation to all fosterers, for being brilliant.

:wave:

I really do find that when my gut instinct says it's the right home, it's so easy to let them go and you just know it's the right thing for them. It's all nice and light and smiley and you're just so happy for them.

When your gut instinct says it's not the right home, but they have to go anyway, it can be enough to break you. It's the hardest thing in the world.

Most of the time I wave them off happily and feel like I have done my bit helping them to find their way to a new happy home. There's normally someone else taking their place immediately so I am not left wih a void. Rosie and Sky will be different because they have been here six months.:(

I try to look at it positively in that they are going to a fantastic new home where they will be loved, doesnt mean to say there are always some who really touch you and you do miss them but in a good way.

Back