• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks and buns

clarebear

Mama Doe
Poor Bungee was frightened by some fireworks earlier....she ran upstairs in the hutch and hid in the bedroom :( I opened up the top to make sure she was okay and I couldn't see her.....she had hidden herself under all the hay. Picked her up for a cuddle and brought her indoors, and she calmed down. I don't suppose she has ever heard a firework before. Bramble just carried on eating his veggies!

I wish people would only set them off on November 5th, or maybe just over that weekend.

i've bought chinese lanterns this year - i think they're safer than fireworks
we've had fireworks going off here tonight, they're a pain :evil: but my buns are ok so far thank goodness

They drive me mad too :(

My buns seem ok...they have gone into their bedroom in the hutch when the fireworks have been going off but they seem ok thankfully :)

Hope bungee is ok x

i've bought chinese lanterns this year - i think they're safer than fireworks
we've had fireworks going off here tonight, they're a pain :evil: but my buns are ok so far thank goodness

Careful with them...we had one land in mt garden a couple of weeks ago ans set fire to a plant. If I hadnt of been in, it would have set fire to the decking and then the house:shock: It was quite a fire once it got going:shock:

crikey! that's scary! there's me thinkin i was gettin a bargain 3 for £3 :shock:
i might just bin them now. i'd hate to think i let off a chinese lantern that caused damage/worry to someone

crikey! that's scary! there's me thinkin i was gettin a bargain 3 for £3 :shock:
i might just bin them now. i'd hate to think i let off a chinese lantern that caused damage/worry to someone

it was very windy and raining when it came in our garden but it was so scary. I didnt notice it at first...hence the roasted tomato bush but fortunately one of the dogs went mad and we looked outside:shock: I'm a miserable git though and hate fireworks too:oops::lol:

We haven't had any fireworks yet, but I expect they will start shortly. Last year was our first bonfire night with a rabbit, Roxy was living outside and we brought her indoors to try and prevent her from being scared. She never went back out :D

We never have fireworks at home, not only because of the buns, but fire terrifies me and I worry about the safety aspect. I wish fireworks were only available to properly organised displays.

my 2 dont seem to be bothered much by them and theyve been goin off near me for weeks now!! should bloody ban them me thinks unless its firework desplays etc. muppets near me set thm off an just throw them around, one nearly hit my dog other day so i was very angry with them. setting new dog cage up this week and bringin them in on a night an then bk to shed for day time!!

We haven't had any fireworks yet, but I expect they will start shortly. Last year was our first bonfire night with a rabbit, Roxy was living outside and we brought her indoors to try and prevent her from being scared. She never went back out :D

We never have fireworks at home, not only because of the buns, but fire terrifies me and I worry about the safety aspect. I wish fireworks were only available to properly organised displays.

I agree, fireworks should only be allowed at organised displays, and just for one weekend. I hate them for the buns sake :(

i hate them, one of my dogs is terrified and though the buns seemed ok last year i still worry over them.

last year at a park near work there was a big display and the following morning on the way to work was a mangled dead fox with 2 smaller ones which had been moved to the roadside.
they must have been terrified for them to run for it like that. :cry:

I hate fireworks.....or maybe I should say I hate the way they're sold and used by irresponsible people.

I also have to say that I think chinese lanterns should maybe be banned as apart from causing fires, they can cause injury to animals. Especially farm animals out in the fields. I have disentangled the remains of these lanterns from many a bush on the nearby farm :(

I've never had an animal be bothered by them before but Milly was petfieid last night, she didn't eat for hours because if them going off :(

Poor bunnies....Bungee seems fine tonight, despite just being visited by three little girls dressed as witches! Shame they sell fireworks to the public, and don't just stick with displays.....saying that I used to love it when my Dad did fireworks in the back garden as a kid. Just feel bad for all the frightened animals now. :(

Back