• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 questions :)

MyweeFred

Warren Scout
:wave:

1. Do any of you have one rabbit on its own..? Aand..
2. If you paired/bonded your rabbit with another rabbit(s), at which point did you do this?
3. Do you think it is a good idea to have two or more rabbits instead of just one?

Thanks hehe :)

No,I have 2 pairs.
One bunny was alone so I got his sister 5 months later (dont ask...rescued both from death) and Mrs was supposed to be bonded with other but i got his sister so I went to another rescue for Roland.
Theyre social animals....love bunny company....so yes,will always have more than one.

2. If you paired/bonded your rabbit with another rabbit(s), at which point did you do this?
3. Do you think it is a good idea to have two or more rabbits instead of just one?

1 - no. Having a rabbit on its own unless it is for health reasons or it wont bond with another bun isnt ideal

2 - yes several times, fatfluffs added D to B and C and then A. A was ill so he lived on his own for a month then I bonded him with E and then I bonded F in with B C and D

3 - yes definately how would you feel if you never saw another human your whole life!

I did have Eli on his own for a few months after I got him, but planned to bond him in to my existing pair at the first sensible opportunity.

I had to get him healthy enough to neuter, then neutered and then give him time for his hormones to settle. We were moving hours a couple of weeks after that so I decided to bond right after we moved, rather than bond then have a big upset so soon after and probably have to rebond.

I think, where possible, it's always best to have a pair or group of rabbits. They are very sociable creatures and when you've seen a pair together I think you understand that another bunny gives them something a human being just can't.
Seeing Eli on his own for so many months really broke my heart, and he was a different rabbit after he was introduced to the girls.

That said, there are circumstances where a bunny has to stay on his/her own and I think with enough love and attention they can be perfectly happy. :)

Yes - Snowy is on her own, She doesn't like companions, I do yes. But Snowy likes been a single bun.

1. Not anymore.

2. When Finx was a year old and spayed, I rescued Tango from the blue cross and bonded them :)

3. I think Finx is much happier with a friend now that she lives outdoors, she can have company 24/7. I don't think it was quite as important when she lived indoors, but I didn't like her to be lonely while I was at work!

Back