• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Rabbits

Alicia

Mama Doe
How long do they normally live? I think they don't live as long as other rabbits but I don't know what age they normally live to

The reason they often have a shorter lifespan is down to the fact that the heart in a giant is the same size as the heart in a smaller bunny and it often can't cope with all that is asked of it. That means that if the bunny has a very healthy heart then they can live to a good age, like other bunnies. I think that 5-7 would be the average life expectancy, although I'm not entirely sure.

Giants normally live for 4-5 years (I have know a couple to get to 6 but that is rare from what I can tell), as Sky-O said it is because they have a tiny heart compared to their size :(

Oh no does this life span apply to French lops or just "big giants":shock:

I "think" frenchies live on average 8 or so years but I could be wrong there :oops:

I think giants are beautiful...but I wouldn't have the room for one right now, sadly.

I keep seein the same one in Pets at Home...been there at least 4 months now, poor fella. Though he does have a nice big run all to himself. He looks cuddly!

Back