• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Leftover baytril

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
I have a small bottle of baytril that I got from my vet on 20th Oct. Sadly Tommy only had 2 doses from it so theres about 5 days left in the bottle. Not sure of its shelf life but because it was decanted from a large bottle at the vets I would imagine its still fine? It seems a shame to throw it away, can anyone use it, I can post out tomorrow
1st class post in a padded envelope. I dont want anything for it just want it to go somewhere where it might make a difference. First come first served basis.

Unfortunately it will have to be discarded as not only will it only remain usable for about a couple of weeks it is also a Prescription Only Medication and therefore legally it can only be used for the animal for whom it was prescribed

It was a kind offer though :)

unfortunately it will have to be discarded as not only will it only remain usable for about a couple of weeks it is also a prescription only medication and therefore legally it can only be used for the animal for whom it was prescribed

it was a kind offer though :)

oh whoops thankyou i didnt realise, i shall throw it away

Back