PDA

View Full Version : Spay vibes for tomororw U/D P27

MilosMummy
30-10-2011, 08:51 AM
My 2 girls (Emmy and Poppy) are going for their spay tomorrow. I am so worried about them already :(

Is there anything special I should do for them when they get home?

Tinsel
30-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Sending vibes for tomorrow.

They will need to be kept warm and I'd give them a drinking biowl as well as a bottle. You should have been asked to send a packed lunch with them. Make sure you ask for extra pain relief ready for when the vet's pain relief wears off. Also it's a good idea to get in herbs/dandelions/their favourite food to tempt them to eat.

Good luck! :wave:

MilosMummy
30-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Sending vibes for tomorrow.

They will need to be kept warm and I'd give them a drinking biowl as well as a bottle. You should have been asked to send a packed lunch with them. Make sure you ask for extra pain relief ready for when the vet's pain relief wears off. Also it's a good idea to get in herbs/dandelions/their favourite food to tempt them to eat.

Good luck! :wave:

Thanks :wave: They already have a bowl but I was going to set up the bottle in just in case. Will definately be asking for pain relief.

We have herbs on growing on the balcony so should be right there. Its just going to be keeping them warm. They are house bunnies so that should help a lot. Might turn the heating on low for them though for a day or 2.

susie bun
30-10-2011, 09:36 AM
No experience of girlie buns, but sending vibes. :wave:

MilosMummy
30-10-2011, 09:49 AM
No experience of girlie buns, but sending vibes. :wave:

Me either :wave: That's why I am worried :?

MilosMummy
31-10-2011, 07:04 AM
I haven't slept a wink all night worrying about the girls today (and my neighbour). They are still so little and I just hate having to do this to them but I know that I need to :(

Alibunmum
31-10-2011, 07:14 AM
If you have a snugglesafe warm it up for them, my foster girls loved stating on theirs after their ops. All the best for today.

Jack's-Jane
31-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Good luck girls :love:

paulinejoe
31-10-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm sure they will be fine and home before you know it, i've no experience with girlie buns either, but herbs are definitely a fab idea, its all Joejoe would eat for a couple of days after having his bits seen too. Good luck andkeep us updated how they go on xx

MilosMummy
31-10-2011, 07:25 AM
I don't have a snugglesafe :( But I will give them extra fleece and our flat is pretty warm anyway.

I am going to use the time they are away though to completely clean their space because Emmy has decided to wee everywhere over the last few weeks and I don't want that to continue.

Will they be able to get into their litter tray when they get home?

Alibunmum
31-10-2011, 07:33 AM
I don't have a snugglesafe :( But I will give them extra fleece and our flat is pretty warm anyway.

I am going to use the time they are away though to completely clean their space because Emmy has decided to wee everywhere over the last few weeks and I don't want that to continue.

Will they be able to get into their litter tray when they get home?

They should manage fine as long as the sides are no bigger than them. Don't worry about the snugglesafe, it was just f you had one it would be a good chance to use it.

MilosMummy
31-10-2011, 07:40 AM
They should manage fine as long as the sides are no bigger than them. Don't worry about the snugglesafe, it was just f you had one it would be a good chance to use it.

Their litter tray is just a normal cat litter tray so hopefully they will be ok. Might see if OH can go by P@H to get me a snugglesafe today.

Alibunmum
31-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Their litter tray is just a normal cat litter tray so hopefully they will be ok. Might see if OH can go by P@H to get me a snugglesafe today.

They'll be just fine without it!

megansmummy
31-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Good luck girls!! We will be in your shoes in a couple of months and I'm terrified too! :(

Nikki26
31-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Good luck girls!! One of mine was spayed a couple of weeks ago and it took her a couple of days to start eating and pooing properly but she's fine now.

MilosMummy
31-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I have dropped them off :( Its very quiet in the flat today without the binkys and bunny 500's that are usually going on at this time of the morning.

MilosMummy
31-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Both are really tired and hadn't eaten at the vets but have had some food since coming home. The nurse just said to give them their favourite and let them know if they arn't a little perkier by tomorrow morning. We have Baytril and Metacam for them tomorrow.

Thanks for all the vibes today :)

paulinejoe
31-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Im so glad theyre home safe and sound! Xxx

susie bun
31-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Sending recovery vibes for the girls. :wave:

MilosMummy
31-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks :wave: Poppy seems to have come out of the GA better than Emmy. She is still really sleepy :( I will check on them through the night but hopefully by morning Emmy will be a little more awake than she is now otherwise I will phone the vets. They have both moved around a little though and have been grooming themselves which I hope is a good sign.

Its such a worrying thing to be a bunny mummy to 2 little girls :(

susie bun
31-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Grooming is normally a good sign if a bunny has been off-colour for whatever reason. Hope the girls do some more eating, and of course poops are also an important sign to look for in charting thier recovery.

I'm out most of tomorrow, but I will think of your girlies and look out for an update later. :wave:

Alibunmum
01-11-2011, 04:24 AM
How are they this morning? I hope they have been munching a bit through the night.

megansmummy
01-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Aww bless them, hope you all had a good night and that they are munching this morning :)

MilosMummy
01-11-2011, 08:26 AM
They both seem a little brighter this morning. I check on them a few times through the night and was feeding them herbs at 3am. I am trying to get them to eat some greens but they are not really interested. Going to give them some baytril and metacam soon.

Barn Yard Bunnies
01-11-2011, 08:28 AM
They are doing really well. So pleased that it went all smoothly.

MilosMummy
01-11-2011, 08:52 AM
WOW getting medicine into these girls is hard! Plus Milo is slinking away in the corner thinking I am trying to get him for meds :lol: :lol:

MilosMummy
01-11-2011, 10:10 AM
The girls are nomming a little of everything the morning but now Milo won't eat! He has turned down a crunchie :shock:

susie bun
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
The girls are nomming a little of everything the morning but now Milo won't eat! He has turned down a crunchie :shock:

:(:shock: I hope Milo is eating again now. I suppose it must have been quite strange for him without the girlies for a bit yesterday.

MilosMummy
01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
He has eaten some hay but is still refusing crunchies :shock: I will keep an eye on him overnight and see what nees to happen in the morning.

susie bun
01-11-2011, 04:02 PM
He has eaten some hay but is still refusing crunchies :shock: I will keep an eye on him overnight and see what nees to happen in the morning.

That's good he's having hay. Spenser went off crunchies for monts last year because I tried to use them to give him metacam. :roll:

Keeping up vibes for all three buns.