• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay shortage!!!

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
anyone else who shops at hay experts noticed how much hay is out of stock? i've known about the timothy hay being delayed, but i just logged-on to find the buns' favourite meadow hay is also out of stock.
i've bought some alternatives but i was wondering if it's ok to change a buns hay, will it upset their tum-tums?

It can cause problems. I try to keep them on a few types of hay at the same time so if one supplier suddenly changes I've still got some others. If they don't like the new supply it's worth getting in some of the expensive treat hays like Vitaverde or Herbage and mix it in with the new stuff so they get weened onto it.

It can cause problems. I try to keep them on a few types of hay at the same time so if one supplier suddenly changes I've still got some others. If they don't like the new supply it's worth getting in some of the expensive treat hays like Vitaverde or Herbage and mix it in with the new stuff so they get weened onto it.

ive ordered the same type ie timothy and meadow, just a different brand, hope they like it!

em

I'll be ordering from the next week. Spenser's basic hay is Morrison's bedding hay but he also likes green oat and alpine meadow. I'm hoping they'll have readigrass in stock.

Hope your buns like their alternative hays.

Back