• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polycarbonate?

I *think* that's what it's called anyway :?

I'm looking for some kind of material to weatherproof H&B's run. Has anyone used this before? Is it reasonably strong (and won't break this winter) and is it possible to cut into the shapes you want it?

x

Has anyone used this before? YES
Is it reasonably strong (and won't break this winter) YES

and is it possible to cut into the shapes you want it? YES

Yes, it may depend on the type you buy but I've bought 'twin wall' before and it's flexible and strong. It will let light in but it would be too blurry to see clearly. If you want clear it will be dearer and I've not used it so can't comment on the above.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greenhous...397?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4cebb356b5
This is the type of stuff I've used before (though not this seller). These sheets were ideal size to put round a 6x4 run and 4x2 mesh on the hutch.

Yep I've used this for some of the rain shields on the hutches. It keeps the rain out fine, as BB said above though you can't see through it very well though, that's my only problem. I found you can just cut it with a sturdy pair of scissors so much less hassle than perspex which you have to score and cut and cut and cut with a stanley knife. If you use some sort of tape to seal off the ends it will trap the air in between and act as a good insulator too!

Thanks both of you :wave: I think it will work quite well for what I want to do with it. The side I will be covering faces away from the house anyway so doesn't matter all that much that I can't see very well through it :):wave:

Back