• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home - Vet Bill Refund

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
Hello all :wave:

I posted recently about my bunny Simba being a bit under the weather with her sneezing. I got her from Pets at Home in August. I would go to Rescues in future, but so glad I chose her as I feel like I rescued her now anyway :)

One vet visit prescribed Metacam...she got worse and a bit snotty as well and was making horrid duck like noises so I raced her to the emergency vets. She is on Baytril now, 0.5ml for 10 days and she is 6 days in and has improved massively. She is so happy! She never stopped eating, drinking or pooing etc.

As she was clearly ill from the start, I contacted Pets at Home. They said they would refund any vet bills and to be fair to them today, they did. £130. Whilst I was there I bought her some nice new treats and toys as well :D

Whilst it was wrong of them to sell an ill bunny, I wouldn't change her for the world. (they told me she was a boy, hence the boys name!) I am pleased with my refund and Simba is having a great time with her treats :love:

You never know...perhaps they werent aware she was poorly or if they were,perhaps they werent expecting you to complain.
Perhaps thet felt they had an obligation as she was within the guarantee period??However,youve done the right thing,shes got her meds,is resonding well,and there you have it.
Pic please.:wave:

Lovely!! My Lily does the quacking noise too. She has chronic snuffles and her lungs are not where normal bunnies lungs are.
Disabled yet coping,dear little mite.

Back