• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats wrong with archie :((

Emily16

Warren Scout
Ok so it may be nothing i just gave him his pellets and he's still eating them all up like theres no tomorrow, he is litter trained but he has a toy box right next to the litter tray and there was something all orangey coloured in there, a liquid like he is weeing put its orange, hes pooped in there too but thats all normal, its over 3-4 of his toys what im going to have to throw away,, he had some carrot a few days ago but its never caused a problem before theres slight orange in his proper litter box too, why is he wee orange, well i think its wee..
Im really worried about it :(

It's very common and normal for rabbits wee to range from clear to yellow to organe to red, depending on what they have eaten and drunk.

If you are worried, use a corner of kitchen towel and soak up some of the wee. If there is blood in it, it will be clear as clots or strings, if not, then it's just normal colouring (likely from the carrot or from something like dandelion leaves).

Thanks, iv'e cleaned it all up and will keep an eye on it to see if it happens again, if it does i will check theres no blood, and if there is he will be down the vets... He now only has a few toys tho as most of them are wooden and he wee'd over most of them so out of 12 we managed to save 5, so looks like i'll be buying him some more toys soon haha

Back