• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

High fibre Science Selective

A lot of buns like the SS but it is higher than some others in calcium.

I use bunny basics T as I have 1 bun who refuses hay no matter what I do (the other 2 are good hay eaters), I think it is the highest in fibre and lower in calcium than others. It is also hay based so nice big golden poops :D Downside is that it is expensive and not as easy to get hols of as SS.

I'll have a look, thanks. :)
My Excel Junior has 19% fibre and 20 something % beneficial fibre whatever that is.
I was getting the Excel Junior because I thought Grim couldn't manage bigger pellets and then I see him choosing to eat the huge Science Selective pellets. :roll: :lol:

Grim looks great and the vets always comment on how healthy he looks considering his heath and diet, but his digestive system is awful and he's constantly getting poo stuck to his bum. He was on pro fibre pellets but it didn't make much of a difference over a few months. But now Smoo can't eat hay I would feel better if she was on a higher fibre pellet.

If he is getting it stuck to bum, I would definitely recommend Oxbow then. Although we have "instances" which are very rare now (mainly when he is due a dental), Homer has huge golden poops.

They are smaller pellets than SS (similar to Excel I think)

If you would like me to send you a handful to try PM me your address and when I get my delivery next week I can send you some (we are running short at mo!)

I also give pro-fibre but they are more of a "treat" instead of fenugreek crunchies ;) To be honest, neither them or fibreplex seemed to have helped in the past.

You could also try feeding hawthorn leaves, I have definately found then have helped.

If he is getting it stuck to bum, I would definitely recommend Oxbow then. Although we have "instances" which are very rare now (mainly when he is due a dental), Homer has huge golden poops.

They are smaller pellets than SS (similar to Excel I think)

If you would like me to send you a handful to try PM me your address and when I get my delivery next week I can send you some (we are running short at mo!)

I also give pro-fibre but they are more of a "treat" instead of fenugreek crunchies ;) To be honest, neither them or fibreplex seemed to have helped in the past.

You could also try feeding hawthorn leaves, I have definately found then have helped.

I'll see if I can get a sample bag otherwise I'd love you to send me some. That's really kind. :)
I've tried hawthorn and Grim didn't even acknowledge it was food. Smoo was eating it until her teeth problems kicked in and now she won't touch it either.

She used to love plantain and I bought some seeds but it hasn't grown properly yet.

No problem, I am expecting delivery Tues or Weds (as my vet can't get it in at mo).

Have you tried drying the hawthorn as well as giving it fresh. All mine like it and funnily enough Homer loves it and can't wait to get it (we have it growing the other side of our fence ;)

No problem, I am expecting delivery Tues or Weds (as my vet can't get it in at mo).

Have you tried drying the hawthorn as well as giving it fresh. All mine like it and funnily enough Homer loves it and can't wait to get it (we have it growing the other side of our fence ;)

Yeah and I also tried soaking it. Grim was possibly eating soggy leaves when they came with me to my parents so Kermit kindly sent me down some hawthorn for him to try but nope, no luck. :roll:

Back