• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fred having his feast!!

MyweeFred

Warren Scout
Just trying to feed him and all of a sudden..

100_0449.jpg

Fooooood like he's never seen it before !! :lol: Nom nom nom..

Awww he is very handsome :love:

I see you feed museli and I wondered does he eat all the different wee bits or does he leave some in his bowl? If he does this means he is not ingesting all the nutrients he needs and you might be better to gradually wean him onto a pellet food which will ensure he gets all the goodness. Also He should only get about 15-20g of processed food a day and the rest should be hay and grass (if you have a garden). I cam see some very fine hay in the picture not unlike much shop bought hay. Hay that is less processed and thicker in stem and stalk is usually better for providing wear for rabbits teeth which constantly grow. Also shop bought hay is incredibly expensive you might be better getting in touch with a local farm to see if you can get a bale for around £5 :)

Sorry to hijack your thread like and apologies if you know all this stuff already but I just thought you might like to know :)

ETA whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm near Edinburgh :wave:

Awww he is very handsome :love:

I see you feed museli and I wondered does he eat all the different wee bits or does he leave some in his bowl? If he does this means he is not ingesting all the nutrients he needs and you might be better to gradually wean him onto a pellet food which will ensure he gets all the goodness. Also He should only get about 15-20g of processed food a day and the rest should be hay and grass (if you have a garden). I cam see some very fine hay in the picture not unlike much shop bought hay. Hay that is less processed and thicker in stem and stalk is usually better for providing wear for rabbits teeth which constantly grow. Also shop bought hay is incredibly expensive you might be better getting in touch with a local farm to see if you can get a bale for around £5 :)

Sorry to hijack your thread like and apologies if you know all this stuff already but I just thought you might like to know :)

ETA whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm near Edinburgh :wave:

Thank you :)

Yeah, he used to just eat tiny wee bits and leave the pellets, but now he's slowly eating the pellets.. how do you wean a rabbit off muesli? ( I've heard alot about people having to do this) I have got pellets but that's just a back up. And i do only give him a cup full of food a day this was just a one off.. hehe :lol: I will bear this in mind thank you for telling me.

I'm less than an hour south of Edinburgh .. :wave:

awww bless him :lol::love:

I would reccommend weaning him gradually on to pellets. Start by giving him half muesli half pellets every day for a week or 2. Then gradually increase the pellets and reduce the mix day by day.

When I first adopted my Charlotte she wouldnt eat anything except for bits of the horrible bird seed type mix her previous owner fed her. To be honest I did the switch even faster as I didnt want my other bun Max eating the horrible mix :oops: She now goes mad for her pellets :D

What a stunning bunny! And his paw makes me laugh it really looks like a human hand holding on there!

And yes I agree try put him onto pellets. I wish we had done this with Moofy, but we just didn't know about the issues muesli feed could cause.

Good luck! :love:

Thank you for telling me about these pellets! :) :wave:
It's now day 1 of reducing muesli and giving him pellets, which he seems to like, surprisingly!! :thumb:

Back