• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea pig and rabbit together? (Don't know where to post)

MyweeFred

Warren Scout
Hi, Does any of you have a guinea pig and rabbit in a cage together? I would love a guinea, Fred is and indoor bunny and i'm wondering if it is possible?
:wave:

Hello

It isnt really a good idea to keep guineas and rabbits together. Is your bun neutered? If not you would be best getting him neutered and finding him a spayed wifey bun from your local rescue

It's generally not advisable for guineas and rabbits to live together for several reasons, the main ones being that guineas and rabbits have different diets, that they communicate in very different ways so aren't really "company" for each other, and that rabbits have been known to seriously injure guinea pigs, sometimes purposefully, sometimes not.

I'm sure Fred would love a bunny companion though :)

Although our pet shop where we got our bunnies from (don't shout) said we could keep a rabbit and guinea pig together, I have read that in fact this isn't true. Aside from the differences listed above, the rabbit will be a minimum of twice the size of a guinea pig and therefore will be naturally more dominant - usually to the detriment of the g.pig so I would also advise against keeping the 2 together. Sorry.

Hello

It isnt really a good idea to keep guineas and rabbits together. Is your bun neutered? If not you would be best getting him neutered and finding him a spayed wifey bun from your local rescue

Fred's neutered, To be honest I'm interested in getting him a wifey bun now :)

It's generally not advisable for guineas and rabbits to live together for several reasons, the main ones being that guineas and rabbits have different diets, that they communicate in very different ways so aren't really "company" for each other, and that rabbits have been known to seriously injure guinea pigs, sometimes purposefully, sometimes not.

I'm sure Fred would love a bunny companion though :)

That's interesting! Never knew that. Apart from the obvious diet i suppose. Thanks :D

Back