PDA

View Full Version : Who is your special bunny ?

CharlotteMc
28-10-2011, 02:18 PM
We all have that one special bunny who is our soul bunny :)
Mine is Harry :( harry is now at the bridge after he lost his battle against a brain tumour:'( I am crying now just thinking about how much a miss him. He was the one special bunny is my life and always will be :) I had found Harry on the streets, cold , starving and dehydrated in the snow and we clicked straight away ,he was mine and I was his :D
Who is you special bunny if you have found them yet ?

Jack's-Jane
28-10-2011, 02:20 PM
The late Jack (in my siggie) and Morse xx

Oompa-Loompa
28-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Boris is very special to me since he's the first one I've ever had, he was the one who converted me into a true bunny mummy :love: I've had him for 4 years now and he's helped me through so much by just being there for me and being so grateful for everything I've done to keep him happy and healthy. This hasnt been a good month for him, but him being poorly has definitely made me realise just how much he means to me. And not just him, Bella too. I love them both so much :love: I feel so blessed to have these amazing creatures in my life :love:

Rosie Rabbit
28-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Rosie (in my siggy) :love:

Gemmapookie
28-10-2011, 03:01 PM
My bridge bun Tilly was my soulbun, I miss her so much, she was my best friend :cry:

Now my boys are my soul, Timmy and Max :love:

Kerryyyy
28-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Mine would be my bridge bunny Stitch. He was my first rabbit and even though he was only with me a week before he passed, he opened my eyes alot. My little Sam reminds me of him so much.

Sky-O
28-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Flash (RIP) and then followed by Sky, my best friend :D

weeble
28-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Dutchie

Boudicca
28-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I think everyone should say why/how they have formed a soul connection (I love those types of story :D)!

I've only had D&D I thought I had formed a deeper connection with Daisy until Dudley stopped eating nearly 2yrs ago but I realised I felt just the same about him :love: D&D will be my only bunnies they are the light and joy in my soul and have changed my life forever! I can't begin to imagine what life will be like without them but I know it will be so bad I won't be able to go through it again!

susie bun
28-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Well, Spenser is my boy of course, but it was my friend's rabbit, Mr McFlurry, that brought me to bunny love and he'll always have a special place in my heart. :love:

CharlotteMc
28-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I think everyone should say why/how they have formed a soul connection (I love those types of story :D)!

I've only had D&D I thought I had formed a deeper connection with Daisy until Dudley stopped eating nearly 2yrs ago but I realised I felt just the same about him :love: D&D will be my only bunnies they are the light and joy in my soul and have changed my life forever! I can't begin to imagine what life will be like without them but I know it will be so bad I won't be able to go through it again!

good idea :D
for who is interested - here is the story of how i came across and got a bond with my soul bunny Harry who is now binkying at the bridge . I wrote the following after i had found him on this forum last year :)
It was after school one night and my neighbours cam rouns say " we think one of your rabbits might of got out he is at the side of the road over there"
I immediatly ran over and a group of young kids were sorrounding the rabbit and trying to get him into a recycle box, but i came over and just picked the rabbit up. I realised who's rabbit it was as I returned the rabbit a few months ago, after it had escaped before,. I knocked on the owners door and no one answered so I took the gorgeous rabbit home and but him in the rabbit run for the time being. I had posted a note throguh the neighbours door but no body cam to collect him that night so he slept in a dog crate overnight in the kitchen. The next day still no sign of the neighbours so after school i went oer to the house ( i know I shouldnt have but i had to) and opened the gate to find a scrappy metel 2ft hutch, no water and a mountainous pile of wet soggy food ! I had to have a look through the window and the owrst had come true, the house was abandoned, no fidge , cooker sofa or anything just a bare house. Thats right the owners had moved house and left the poor rabbit ! We immediatly called the RSPCA, who unfortunatley could come to us becasue of the foot of snow we had :/. He stayed with us for another week, when finally the RSPCA rang us back and told us if you want to keep him you can so now I am the owner of a stunning, Harlequin French lop cross, who is on a proper diet to help him put abit of wiehgt on, and is now clean from matts after a 1 hour grooming session with me :L

Hc1
28-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Topsy, my little girl who went to the bridge almost a year ago. She came to me from rescue. She was feisty and had attitude (and sharp teeth) and I couldn't see myself keeping her in the beginning. She also had sticky bum, which I had to learn to keep clean - a steep learning curve for me.

I am so glad I never sent her back to the rescue. If I hadn't kept her, I don't think I'd have buns now. She taught me so much and through some very difficult personal circumstances, was my best friend. I miss her so much. She's the black bun in my signature and the reason every time I see a black bunny I melt.

yvette
28-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Its gotta be Lils....

Kermit
28-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Definately my Kermit.

I would never have thought it possible for a bunny to be so loving. He was my baby boy.

I love Herbie & Inca, it was Kermit that brought them to me as i found this forum when Kermit was ill and i later got Herbie & Inca from here.

Kermit will always be my soul bun.

Here he is sleeping in between my legs, he loved it there cos it supported his head (cos he had head tilt in case anyone never knew)
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/kirstykermit/Kermit/k9.jpg

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
28-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Bridge bun Jasper :cry: Also Blossom, both at the bridge :cry:

Gemmapookie
28-10-2011, 09:13 PM
So sad that alot of our special buns are now at the bridge together :cry::cry::cry:

willowholly
29-10-2011, 01:40 PM
This is a difficult one really.Its a toss up between Holly & Willow.Holly was the most affectionate rabbit,always sat begging to come on your knee or if you laid on the floor she would rest her head on your tummy.Casper is very similar to her.Or Willow-she was just perfect.I guess its probably Willow-strong willed,bossy-just perfect.........

fruitandnutcake
29-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I would say Pebbles at the moment. His owner had "gone on holiday" and left her neighbour (my friend) to feed the pets. My friend felt sorry for Pebbles in his cage in kitchen, so I said I'd look after him till owner came back. After a few weeks owner hadn't come back so my friend phoned her. She said she wasn't on holiday but had moved there to be with someone she had met on internet and asked if I wanted to keep Pebbles. So I said yes, and took him to vet next day to be vaccinated and booked in for neutering - but vet found a massive abdominal lump. Only took me a minute to think about options - and he was booked in for removal of tumor. Followed by a hernia, and another op 10 days later. He is such a loving rabbit, and I fell in love with him as soon as I saw him, and he will always be special.

Lucy1666
29-10-2011, 03:57 PM
I miss my first bun molly she was such a fun bun :cry:

honeybunny
29-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I have loved all the rabbits that have been through here but have to admit the one bun that was very special to me was my own Daisy who I lost earlier this year, she was 9 years old. She was cheeky and always into something she shouldn't be, but was a mummy's girl liking me to fuss her and no one else :love:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/HONEYBUN1/000_0033.jpg

willowflower27
29-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Finley is my special bunny I've had many rabbits and loved them all but he us special as he's so in tune with what I'm feeling even after recovering from an ear op himself I got poorly he never left my side the whole time

mini lop1
29-10-2011, 05:10 PM
as many will know and also know why - locksley :cry: some of his traights rubbed offf onto mabel and we look after each other now

missFloppyears
29-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I have 7 buns and i could NEVER have a fave but i do have a special bond with pixel hes just "squeee!":love::love:

Pixel.. from this moment..
i bonded with him from this moment on
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/pixietina/DSC01496.jpg
I love him to bits <3
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/pixietina/fotos020.jpg
hes my quiet subdued shy boy who knows when im down <3

shell1805
29-10-2011, 10:43 PM
bella :love: (incase it wasnt obvious :oops:)

jasper is my little dude but he is reserved and likes to do his own thing.

bella is my little shadow, she has helped me through so much and i count myself blessed to have her in my life. i will always be greatful for her xxx

MichG
30-10-2011, 08:11 AM
I love all my 11 buns with all my heart but the 2 closest to me with a special little place are Patch and Minky.

Patch was a Pets @ Home support adoption and was bought in at 8(ish) weeks old as an unwanted litter. I fell in love the moment I saw him in their dinky stock room and had to have him. I took him home and a few days later found he had a prolapsed rectum :( by the age of 14 weeks he had had 3 operations, hospitalisation and had been poked and prodded so much. The vet thought it would be best to PTS but I told him no and that I would soldier on. My little man is now 1 year old and has no problems.

Minky was a Pets @ Home bunny (I work at Companion Care vets) and on our opening day one of the nurses went to get a bunny from the stock room for some photos and came back with Minky, she weighed 300g and was skin and bone... so she came home with me to be fattened up, and never left. She is the most friendly bunny ever. :love::love:

hellsdarkrose
30-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Radish she is my first bun my baby who follows me and makes me happy every day.

youthnovels
30-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Archie because he's such a character and my first ever bunny.

Blanche my bridge bun though was also on par with him, she was so beautiful and intelligent but was taken far too soon by a bout of GI statis and an idiot vet. I still cry over her now :cry:

Kittykat23uk
30-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Sprocket is my special bun. He is just so much more people-orientated than Widget. He's always the one to clamber all over us looking for treats and the first one to follow us anywhere we go. Widget does too, but seems to be just as happy in her own little world. I do worry about him though, he has had bloat twice since we adopted him. He seems to have quite a delicate constitution. We're getting a bit paranoid that he's not going to have a long life.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5001/5336593886_067a08def4.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittykat23uk/5336593886/)
Sprocket 1 copy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittykat23uk/5336593886/) by kittykat23uk (http://www.flickr.com/people/kittykat23uk/), on Flickr

Fran
30-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Piglet was my special bunny, she was so gorgeous and had such character, loved her so much :love:

Out of the bunnies I have now, I think Max is a really special bun. He's so funny the way he's so busy and has to know what's going on all the time, and he now refuses to leave the shed when cleaning out and 'helps' instead. He doesn't like nose rubs much but he seems to like people being around him, he has a lot of character for such a small bunster :love:

HorseyHolly
30-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Mischief :love: I feel she chose me, I'd been waiting for ages to find a doe for Trouble, then I went into the shelter where I worked, and there was a black and white bunny who had just been surrendered. I fell in love instantly :love: She has the biggest character out of the six bunnies I've owned or fostered, when I found out that I might have to rehome her I was absolutely devastated, I am so so glad I got to keep her :)

happybun
30-10-2011, 06:10 PM
all four are special. tabby trusts me - that was a wonderful revelation. charlie is the most loving bunny. cecile is so beautiful. but matthew, as my daughter said last week, 'is the perfect rabbit'. i

MyweeFred
30-10-2011, 06:25 PM
:wave:
Fred is my special bunny, He's my first bun and i love him lots :)
At first i tried to persuade my mum to get one but she didn't want one etc.
So she was in the Garden Centre and saw this grey rabbit on its on in a tiny guinea pig cage for fighting with a male rabbit.
Came home, told me about it, then we went back in to see him in this tiny cage and I fell in love :love:
:D

RabbitSammy
30-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Snowy - She is my first bun and will always be my special little girl.
I loved/ed Fudge too but Snowy is my special baby! :')

B3rnie69
30-10-2011, 07:06 PM
My heart bun was my Reed (RIP) who I lost just over 2 months ago :cry:
I believe he was meant to come here as him and his brother kept getting over looked so I said that if we could get them here I would give them a forever home (I live miles away from where he was), well we managed it and he settled into life here very well. Instantly we had a connection, he knew when I was down and would just sit with me for hours and hours even as he went he was grooming me constantly :cry: