• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pennine H-Pod Rabbit Hutch - Triple

I dont like it. It looks quite flimsy and since A and E managed to chew their way out of a wooden shed they would be out of that in less than an hour!!

Is it designed to be outdoor? If so I cant see it being very predator proof and Im not sure how well it would stand up to high winds. I can also see it getting quite hot in the summer and not that good at keeping warm in the winter (again if outdoor). If inddor I think NIC cubes or a dog crate are a far better (and cheaper) option

Last edited:
Looks good and like it said, no rot problems.

They have this outside my local petshop.

Unfortunately it looks like a rabbit portaloo!!

I saw this outside a pet shop in Buxton. It is hideous, weak, and I can only imagine how hot it must get in the summer with all that plastic. :shock:

I think it looks good for putting inside a shed but terrible for anything else, really.
Outdoors it's too hot/cold and doesn't look predator proof. It's ugly as hell so I wouldn't want it in my house.

The concept of an extendible housing with an integrated carrier is excellent though. Since it's wipe clean I might consider it for my shed :)

I was wondering what you all thought of the new Pennie hutch range. The link is for 6ft by 2ft hutch

http://www.rabbithutchesworld.co.uk/p/Pennine_H-Pod_Triple_Pod_Rabbit_Hutch.htm

I noticed in RabbitingOn that the Pennine range was a runner up in RWAF Hutch and Run competition.

I think that the RWA have seriously lost the plot with their endorsement of accommodation. They have some tie up with The Rabbit Hutch Shop and that is questionable to me too - Facebookers will probably know what I mean.

I don't like this. Idea not bad but execution looks rubbish (in my humble opinion)

Pretty much EVERYthing Ive seen from Pennine is useless!
They do 'hamster cages' which are barely bigger than a lunchbox. And they do those horrible 'rat starter kits' that are too small and have unsuitable stuff in them.

It's good to see hutch companies thinking outside the bog standard hutch, so points for effort. I'm not sure about outdoors, but I guess it would work okay inside - not for Scamp though. It only took him an hour or so to add a back entrance to his plastic carrier :lol:

With those small doorways it looks annoying to clean. The extendable thing is a good idea, but they could have made it less ugly!

Back