• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The things people say!!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Perhaps I am being too sensitive. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I've had two weeks of long travel, getting up at the crack of dawn and the fact that I have gone straight back to work on the monday after travelling all weekend. But after Sprocket took ill on Wednesday night, knowing how desperately concerned I was, a colleague who I work closely with has just walked in and asked how he is. To which I replied, that he was much better. The next thing that came out of her mouth was "oh so not casserole then?" Words fail me. :evil:

I usually find a 'seriously unamused' long, hard stare does the trick when such comments come my way. And then I just walk away.

My pet hate is when people call the rabbit "it" and undermine the bunny, even though they know full well what the sex is

My pet hate is when people call the rabbit "it" and undermine the bunny, even though they know full well what the sex is

Yesterday I got 'I was thinking about you earlier' why? 'oh because I'm eating rabbit stew'....

Right and I would be interested in that why?

I would have sculpted a rabbit out of cow poo, covered it in fake fur, stuck it in the freezer, then left it on his desk with a note saying 'enjoy'.

My immediate reaction is to say 'laugh it off' so they don't get the satisfaction of knowing they've annoyed/upset you ....... but that's easier said than done, as I know very well!

That is truly horrible. My other half's uncle rang him when we were on way to the vets he said "we are just on way to vets with rabbit" and his uncle said "ring it's neck, sorted" :(

That is truly horrible. My other half's uncle rang him when we were on way to the vets he said "we are just on way to vets with rabbit" and his uncle said "ring it's neck, sorted" :(

I don't know why people think it's so amusing to say things like that about rabbits - comments they wouldn't dream of making if talking, say, of a cat or dog. Rabbits are still so 'under-valued'.:evil:

If someone makes a 'funny' comment about my rabbits, I usually say:

'Oh that's funny but not as funny as your face!'

Sorry, I wrote a swear word, but it's the thing I thought the most.

Hope Sprocket is feeling better. :wave:

She did ask how he was, indicating that she's been thinking about him and has been worried. She obviously cares about you - it was just a bad joke.

True but why say it at all? Particularly at a time when you know the owner has been worried sick about him?:cry:

Because they haven't had the joy of owning a bun, I would say.
I've had that kind of remarks made about buns and right in my face aswell. I usually tell them why it isn't the case, which usually does not help since they just laugh it of.
Otherwise I just stare out of the window and bite my lip.

Still, what an absolutely awful thing to say.

(Hugs) and good luck with the bunnies.
x

If someone makes a 'funny' comment about my rabbits, I usually say:

'Oh that's funny but not as funny as your face!'

i usually reply to an un-original "rabbit as food" comment with...

"oh that is SO funny, did you and your ickle tiny brain make it up all by yourself"?

Thanks everyone for the kind words. This isn't the first insensitive rabbit-related comment that this person has made. I think she grew up with having them as food, she made a comment "oh I must remember these are pet rabbits, and not for the pot". I guess she "forgot" again.

Perhaps I should leave this on her desk:

We are fancy rabbits, and believe it or not
We are fancy rabbits, not destined for the pot.

We don't intend to play, that special one-time role
In your quite disgusting, rabbit casserole.

Listen friend, it's time- that you got a clue
That we will never feature, in your rabbit stew.

And if you share your life, with a fluffy bunny
You will soon discover, that it's not remotely funny

To suggest that such a loving creature
should become the starring feature

Of your special party dinner,
Well that's really not a winner!

Those joke you make about me, I've heard them all before
To be honest friend you're unoriginal, quite a frightful bore!

Therefore in conclusion
To avoid any further confusion

I'll say again my friend and this will be the end

That we are fancy rabbits, and believe it or not
We are fancy rabbits, not destined for your pot.

Back