• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has your rabbit ever been knocked out?

lupine lacuna

Warren Scout
My beautiful Evelyn this morning ran down the stairs as I was putting their food bowl in and went square into it. She flipped onto to her side and wriggled around on the floor for about 2 seconds. Even in this time I felt a huge wage of nausea, fear and instant sadness, I thought I'd killed her! Within another second, she was up again and completely normal.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am worried I might have caused some damage. I just hope that, although much of a rabbit is fragile, their skulls must be pretty strong. I suppose I can't even take her to a vet to get her checked out, since what are they going to do?

I have known of a Rabbit who ran into a wall and knocked themselves out. Sadly they sustained a jaw fracture :cry:

It might be a good idea to ask your Vet to check Evelyn over just to be on the safe side.

Hi Jane

I like your stance against animal testing, by the way. I contribute to BUAV on a monthly basis. Is there anything else I can do?

Hi Jane

I like your stance against animal testing, by the way. I contribute to BUAV on a monthly basis. Is there anything else I can do?

I just try to make sure that I dont knowingly buy any products which have been tested on animals or contain ingredients tested on animals.

Also trying to spread the word amongst friends as sometimes people genuinely have no idea that animal testing on anything but medicines still goes on.

I do hope that Evelyn is OK xx

I would watch your bun see how she behaves....sure she will be fine but if you feel at all worried, you could take her to the vets for a check over. Worth it for peice of mind sometimes xx

Jazmine dazed herself before. I was convinced she was partially blind, one day she got herself that excited after she'd been naughty (she would binky away when you told her off) she ran into the kitchen and square on into the bin. She was a bit dazed, but otherwise fine.

Back