• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Light at night

Vita

Mama Doe
I try and remember to switch lights off at night for my rabbits. They live in the hallway and I'd always previously left the landing light on so I can see if I get up at night. I've started just putting a bathroom light on, so I can see a bit, but it's still very dark downstairs.

Sometimes I do forget, though, and also sometimes lights inevitably get put on at odd times. Is there anything I can do - other than putting the rabbits outdoors - to make sure they get light at appropriate times? Does light affect their circadian rhythms and health much?

Olly and Honey have their own bedroom in our house, they have a little lamp in there with a timer on the plug, so it comes on just as it's going dark, and goes off when we go to bed. In the morning I put the landing light on before going in their room so they're not suddenly blinded by their room light!
Daisy and Digby have a kennel/run outside, but it has power in it, so they have plug in night lights that come on/go off the same time as Olly and Honey's :wave:

Olly and Honey have their own bedroom in our house, they have a little lamp in there with a timer on the plug, so it comes on just as it's going dark, and goes off when we go to bed. In the morning I put the landing light on before going in their room so they're not suddenly blinded by their room light!
Daisy and Digby have a kennel/run outside, but it has power in it, so they have plug in night lights that come on/go off the same time as Olly and Honey's :wave:
That's adorable! Both pairs get to share the same experience even though they aren't in exactly the same place. :)

Back