• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excessive biting

lilgems91

Mama Doe
As it says in the title really. My little girl cupcake is about 5/6 months, and spayed.

However whenever she is picked up she bites you or your clothes really fiercly, and wont let go. I went to pick her up off my mums knee today and she was hanging on with her teeth. She does the whole time she is being held, from the moment she is picked up.

I know most rabbits dont like being picked up and held, but Im wondering whether this behaviour is normal.

She has had her teeth checked and everything fine there. She didnt do this a few months back, would sit on your knee just fine.

I'd appreciate any advice if possible please :wave:

Lots of chew toys!

Stop picking her up for now and just lie on the floor and let her come to you, she may still bite you for a while but I would see if she snaps out of it.

Once she starts to stop a bit, start with stroking before you try picking her up.

Good luck xxx

Lots of chew toys!

Stop picking her up for now and just lie on the floor and let her come to you, she may still bite you for a while but I would see if she snaps out of it.

Once she starts to stop a bit, start with stroking before you try picking her up.

Good luck xxx

She does have a lot of chew toys. When I sit with her she licks and us very sociable, and doesn't bite. It hust seems to be when shes picked up :s

Some buns prefer to just be stroked I think?....sure someone will come along with some better advice soon. Sorru can't be more help xxx

Sounds like its her way of saying "put me down". I would avoid picking her up unless necessary ss she obviously doesnt enjoy it. Just loads if strokes and nose rubs :)

Oh definately, I only ever pick them up unless I have to, I know its not natural for them.

Thing is, they are bonding at the moment, and my one bun has to have antibiotics twice a day, and both have to picked up out of the ben and put back in at the same time.

She loves a good fuss on the ground though bless her :)

Back