• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rescue Buddies Bunnies news :)

vee-jay

Mama Doe
Well, I have been posting rabbits for rehoming for Buddies Bunnies Rescue (who I foster for) in rabbits in need for a wee while now.
I thought maybe some of you guys would like to see what Buddies have been doing since we started on the 1st of June this year

so for some stats

Since we started on the 1st of June 2011:

59 rabbits through the door
14 homed
6 died/put to sleep (on vet adv)
2 returned to owners
2 became residents
35 still in our care in which 7 are reserved so
28 still looking for loving forever homes!

We have attended 3 car boot sales so far, and plan on another near Christmas. We sell items donated to us and the money raised helps greatly towards vaccs and spays/neuters.:)

We have got the website up and running ( www.Buddiesbunnies.com ) and a very busy facebook page with lots of info on not just our rabbits but general rabbit info (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Buddies-Bunny-Rescue/218063841559335), and we are also now on twitter! ( search @Buddies_Bunnies )

Last week Natalie and Emma (founders) had a stand at Pets at home as part of their Adoption Awareness Week. Promoting rabbit welfare, Buddies rescue and generally raising awareness about rabbits and thier care
9e9ed0c8.jpg

This weekend some of us are off to the Rabbit Welfare Conference 'Rabbit Health Matters'. Ready to ask questions, learn more and come back ready to help our bunnies even more :)

Also we are in the begginings of starting the process to apply to be a registered charity!

anyway will update as much as I can on the goings on :) thank you to everyone for your support!

Ah, I didn't realise you foster for Buddies Bunnies :wave:

I follow them on Facebook and their website and keep up to date with their news. It's good to see another good rescue in this part of the country.

Sounds as if you're all doing great work :thumb:

Thanks guys! :D

I love fostering for them, and helping out. atm I put all the bunnies onto rabbit rehome and some other sites, sometimes put some up in rabbit in need here aswell :)

ThenamesJT, thats was funny because I saw on facebook about them getting a new hutch, then came on here and saw it was you that had given it :lol: thank you very much!

Im not sure if im alloud to mention this on here, but this lovely person Elizabeth sells some really nice dried treats/plants and if you say to her about Buddies, she will give 10% of your order as a donation to them! :) only lasts till monday tho!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.104171253022998.4716.100002903716486&type=3

Back