• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted - female lop

rachglos

Warren Scout
Im not sure if this is the correct place but rabbits in need didn't seem right.

Some people may not agree with this but... We lost our wonderful Girl lavender on Tuesday, we are left with an amazing gentle, loving boy Simba, you can tell he deeply miss's her & I want to find him a mate, he simply needs another bun to cuddle up to.
This may sound unbelivable to some but I have rung almost every place around me & only 1 place has 1 female that is not already bonded or who would be ok with bonding. I ahve tried the search on here but can't seem to find anything within a resonable distance.
If anybody can help or you know of any buns around the Bristol - South Glos area then please let me know.

Thank you

Have you tried Alice at Windwhistle Warren?

Some of her bunnies are here http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?inlocation=bristol&RabAge=&RabSex=f&RabBond=Single (i searched Bristol this was the result there are a few different rescues in the list but try a more specific search of your own, for closer to home options ;))

Sorry to hear about Lavender, and well done for recognising Simba needs a new friend even though your heart is breaking, you have your boy in mind.

Rabbits In Need is correct - she is In Need of a friend :D

Windwhistle is a great place to start as local but a lot of rescues do rehome nationally

I have tried Windwhistle Warren & they only 1 female lop whos not bonded, who by the sounds of it will need allot of attention, as we both work during the day I'm not sure if we would be suitable for her.

Is it just me or are there loads of boys out there but not many girls... is this a normal thing?

I have tried Windwhistle Warren & they only 1 female lop whos not bonded, who by the sounds of it will need allot of attention, as we both work during the day I'm not sure if we would be suitable for her.

Is it just me or are there loads of boys out there but not many girls... is this a normal thing?

It does seem to be something very prevalent at the moment, and, for us, for the last year or so.

I wonder if females tend to suffer from uterine cancer and die or sadly die during giving birth

Very possibly. I wondered if it could be to do with females being more likely to be kept because you can keep mother and daughters together, but the boys have to be separated.

But then, when you look at some litters there are a huge imbalance of males to females. Maybe it's related to how many more males are born? Maybe that's to do with genetics and making sure rabbits are not inbred and are going to different warrens?

Someone I know on another forum was working on a theory about the lunar cycle and litters.

Very interesting to know exactly why though, but I would bet many factors are played out in this scenario. Doesn't help the boys looking for homes though :(

Hoping you find a little doe very soon!!:thumb:

Have you had a look on the Blue Cross re-homing section. Their base is in Burford, Oxfordshire and have branches around the country.

Last edited:
Hoping you find a little doe very soon!!:thumb:

Have you had a look on the Blue Cross re-homing section. Their base is in Burford, Oxfordshire and have branches around the country.

Thanks

I never knew they did rehoming. I have just looked and 7 are already bonded, 2 are only to be placed on their own & the last 1 is up eared. This may seem very fussy but I would like a lop, I know I should have Simba's best interest & go with what I can but if I can get a lop then I will. :oops:

Interesting to see others have seen the trent of more males than females, every rescue or rspca center I have spoken to has about 10 males or more but no females.

Thanks

I never knew they did rehoming. I have just looked and 7 are already bonded, 2 are only to be placed on their own & the last 1 is up eared. This may seem very fussy but I would like a lop, I know I should have Simba's best interest & go with what I can but if I can get a lop then I will. :oops:

Interesting to see others have seen the trent of more males than females, every rescue or rspca center I have spoken to has about 10 males or more but no females.

I hate to say it, but the chances are high that the does are being used for breeding. Making a fast buck! No pun intended!

Tess and Fifi and on the Worcester and Mid- Worcestershire RSPCA website!!!

Two single girls looking for love!!!:thumb::thumb:

We (Walsall RSPCA), currently have 2 single lop females, Lexie and Summer neither are speyed at the moment so it will be a few weeks before they are available for rehoming.

Cottontails have some ladies at the moment http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/annualreport.asp

And there is also Bath Cats and Dogs Home, who have bunnies http://www.bathcatsanddogshome.org.uk/rehoming/small_animals

Thanks

We got our original pair Leo & Lavender 8 years ago from Cottontails - they only have bonded pairs or up eared babies, I don't think Simba would cope with a baby.
Bath Cats & dogs home have the 1 single lop bunny Summer - she's the bun I referred to in an earlier post.

I have just called windwhistle & it looks like she has allot more buns than are on her website, I have sent her my details & they will do a homecheck first, if they think we are suitable then we can go and see what she's got. :D

We (Walsall RSPCA), currently have 2 single lop females, Lexie and Summer neither are speyed at the moment so it will be a few weeks before they are available for rehoming.

Thanks, I can't find them on the website, do you have any pictures?
I think you are about 2 hours away from us.

2 or more

My OH & I were talking last night and we are going to windwhistle on Sunday to take a look for a wifey bun for Simba.
We also talked about maybe getting more than 1 bun & I was after some suggestions as to how people bond, which sex's work best, & how you get on with more than 1 bun, they would be house rabbits with plenty of space (about 8 metres by 5 metres during the day & free range house & garden in the evenings) we would love to help more than 1 bunny.
Please any experience would be greatly appreciated. :D

My OH & I were talking last night and we are going to windwhistle on Sunday to take a look for a wifey bun for Simba.
We also talked about maybe getting more than 1 bun & I was after some suggestions as to how people bond, which sex's work best, & how you get on with more than 1 bun, they would be house rabbits with plenty of space (about 8 metres by 5 metres during the day & free range house & garden in the evenings) we would love to help more than 1 bunny.
Please any experience would be greatly appreciated. :D

Brilliant!!!

Alice at Windwhistle is wonderful. I feel certain that there is a bunny there for Simba. Alice is extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.

I was there helping Alice last Saturday and believe you me there are plenty of bunnies needing homes.

Best of luck.:thumb::thumb:

Back