• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First jumps up to the sofa

jackandsally

Warren Scout
This is probably a lame post but it was quite exciting for me but Dillon is now hopping up onto the sofa, it's just so funny he suddenly appears at your side trying to climb all over the laptop and your knee, he was as confused as me the first time at how he had gotten up as he had to use a box before this (in my desperate attempts for him to come for a fuss lol), it's usually after he's been nudging my feet for a stroke then he leaps up, must say after his neuter he's became much more affectionate and bold! :wave:

Aww it's not a lame post! I think I made a similar one when my girls first made it onto the sofa land.

Then a week later one asking how to get them off the sofa haha - it's cute for a while - then it drivws you batty not being able to type or anything!

Ah bless, that's too cute. :) Mine like to jump up on my lap when I'm not watching ~ Cookie once landed on a plate of curry... :shock:

Oh my god! How lovely :)

I totally get your excitement, cause Simba has recently started doing the same thing, after being so shy when he first came to us. He now hops it willingly and binkys all over the place!

Get some pics up :)

I will have to, haven't taken any since his neuter and his coats so much nicer now he's moulted. It was like his first steps haha no one saw him do it besides me so I didn't think my OH would believe me, then my friend saw him do it too and was equally as amazed! Yeah he was on the keyboard yesterday pressing everything, he's just recently discovered under our bed now too so he dissapears under the sheet and keeps popping his head out when he's binkying underneath it, he's so different to the scared little lop we first got.

Bless you both! thats so lovely.

As I said, I feel the same as mine was terrfied when he came to us as well. Feels really rewarding!

Will look out for your pics :) xxx

Our two have recently discovered the art of sofa hopping, then clambering on the coffee table knocking things over. They have no delicacy. A cat can walk over a coffee table and never hit a thing. The rabbits, just barge through like they own the place destroying everything in their wake. I was truly impressed with Hannibal yesterday who leapt over the arm of the sofa, across the cushion,back onto the floor, vaulted the coffee table legs, ran full pelt towards the tv, did a 180 binky and stopped dead just before crashing. Then sat there like nothing had happened at all. Bonkers.

Any of your bunnies actually flop on the sofa yet?

I totally understand your excitement :D Bramble has just started doing this too. I feel so proud :love: :lol:

The only problem now is that she can hop through the stair banisters and get the cat! :shock: I used to block the stairs off from the bottom so Tiggy at least had a safe place away from Bramble. No such luck now though as she uses the back of the sofa as a step and just hops straight through :lol:

Haha yes cats are so graceful in comparison, he hasn't flopped yet he just kind of hops up, has a little head rub then walks over the laptop then hops back down, if he gets any bigger he'll be able to jump onto our coffee table. He's still not hopped up when my OH is here so he thinks I'm making it up! Although he is bemused when I got so excited telling him about it haha :D

Back