• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bulbs are poisonous right?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Twycross zoo seem to be saying on their website that rabbits eat leaves, grasses, bulbs and bark... :?
Shall I email them? :)

Yep, bulbs are always on the dangerous list. Saying that, I read an article (though I can't remember where) from a vets practise who had never had a rabbit with ill effects from eating a bulb.

I honestly don't know but was worried about Smoo.

How are Smoo and Grim ?

:lol: I can see your reasoning, bad food = Smoo has eaten something bad. But at the moment she's not up to her sneaky eating ways. :(
She's doing a little better and I've now cut down her painkillers to one dose a day. But I've been really ill and it's been chucking it down so for the last two days I've had minimal contact with them. :( I miss them. They've had food, medicine and a few snuggles, but not as much as usual. But they both seem to be fine. The cold weather means Grim's eyes are clearing up well and Smoo is able to eat whole veg now.

They've both been eating Science Selective, usually they have Excel, I tried it for Smoo to encourage her to eat but Grim loves it. I make it slightly soggy and he manages to eat it without any front teeth even though the pellets are huge! He chooses it over the Excel. :)

:lol: I can see your reasoning, bad food = Smoo has eaten something bad. But at the moment she's not up to her sneaky eating ways. :(
She's doing a little better and I've now cut down her painkillers to one dose a day. But I've been really ill and it's been chucking it down so for the last two days I've had minimal contact with them. :( I miss them. They've had food, medicine and a few snuggles, but not as much as usual. But they both seem to be fine. The cold weather means Grim's eyes are clearing up well and Smoo is able to eat whole veg now.

They've both been eating Science Selective, usually they have Excel, I tried it for Smoo to encourage her to eat but Grim loves it. I make it slightly soggy and he manages to eat it without any front teeth even though the pellets are huge! He chooses it over the Excel. :)

Yes, I was thinking of Smoo's unusual appetite. Sorry you have been really sick.

At least the cold weather helps Grim's eye. Cutie-pies wet fur around her eye is clear now and today the vet said she doesn't need a dental. Maybe the heat isn't good for them. I noticed they were so much better going to the vets this time, unlike last time when it was a very humid day.

Haven't had excel for awhile but I think SS is more crumbly.

How are the chinnies ?

Yes, I was thinking of Smoo's unusual appetite. Sorry you have been really sick.

At least the cold weather helps Grim's eye. Cutie-pies wet fur around her eye is clear now and today the vet said she doesn't need a dental. Maybe the heat isn't good for them. I noticed they were so much better going to the vets this time, unlike last time when it was a very humid day.

Haven't had excel for awhile but I think SS is more crumbly.

How are the chinnies ?

The chinnies are all good. As always. They don't cause me any trouble health wise. They do cause me a lot of trouble when I have to catch them. :lol: As if they used to go back into their cage when called. I wish I knew what changed.

The chinnies are all good. As always. They don't cause me any trouble health wise. They do cause me a lot of trouble when I have to catch them. :lol: As if they used to go back into their cage when called. I wish I knew what changed.

:lol::lol: I swear when they have their really long run in the hallway, when I call them by name, they hide.

Back