• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Firework HELP PLEASE!!!

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
So sorry to bother you all but i really didnt know where else to go......... :oops:

Next door to me are having stupid amounts of fireworks! Loud ones, spinning ones, Big ones and very smokey one's. The smoke it coming straight over into our gaden and into the line of the bunnies!! Know
the hutch they have has got the fly cover and the plastic, so i have put these on with the holes ect for breath holes but the smoke it sssoooo thick its stupid.... So i have also
put on each hutch a bit of tarpoling (how ever spelt) and it is on loosely im hoping this will help block the sight out aswell. I can't bring them in as i don't have the room but also the temp change
ect....
Please help.... what you all doing?

Fireworks are so terrifying for buns I hate it when people start having them. Luckily mine buns are inside so I just turn the TV up loud and make sure I stay with them and provide lots of cuddles. It's a real shame you can't bring them inside - could you just bring them in for a little bit whilst the fireworks are happening and then put them back out later when it's all ended? It's hard to know what to do for the best isn't it. Hope they don't last too long.xx

I hate them with a passion:censored: Could you move the hutches out of the immediate line of fire? Do you have a garage/shed that you could bring them into?

I dont have a shed no :( I just went round and asked how long its going to be due to the smoke ect and explained about the animals and there answer was " Sorry about the fireworks, there wont be anymore catherine wheels but appox 1 - 2 hours left of the other ones!!!!" I just don;t understand people :( But there is one good think it has just started to really rain lol hopefully this will stop them abit.

Could you pop them in their carriers and put them in a hallway/cooler room? Unfortunately while they are legal its peoples right to have them. They make one of my dogs sooo ill with stress, I really do hate them:evil:

I'm in a new house with bunnies new to being outside, so I'm a bit nervous about this. There are more rabbits in the garden that backs onto ours though, so at least I can rule that garden out :) I occasionally find reasons to go round the back path to the side gate so I can peek at Finx and Tango's neighbours :D There is a nice big dandelion that grows round there...

Hope your bunnies are ok and the fireworks are nearly over!

Thankfully my girls seem to deal fine with them. We've had tons of fireworks tonight, but they are covered over and got lots of hay so they can burrow down if they want to, but each time I check on them, they are happy and just want to eat the pellets I bring them. :D

If the smoke is that thick you have trouble breathing in it then you need to move the rabbits somewhere, or ask them to stop or call the police, frightening them with the sound is one thing but if they can't breathe properly they need to be moved, even it it's just sticking them in the hallway or bathroom until it clears

On the lead up you could start playing the radio near the hutch, gradually increase the volume until they get used to it

Back