• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eating megazorb? throwing litter trays around and generally being cheeky! lol

megansmummy

Mama Doe
The megazorb arrived today and so i put a layer of it under some hay in their litter trays but they were picking bits of the megazorb out through the hay to eat?? :?

I also bought them a corner litter tray and they seem to just throw it around? They dont move the regular cat litter tray which is in their sleep area...but the little corner one downstairs is just getting chucked around?

I cant believe how cheeky these bunnies are! They are so much fun to watch! :lol: I didnt really know anything much about bunnies untill we started researching but i didnt think they would be as much fun as they are! :thumb: They pick anything that I put in for them to play with (empty toilet rolls, their chew tunnel thing, willow sticks etc etc and fling them around the place...they dash around in and out and up and down the ramp :lol:

The minute I open the hutch or run door there are two cheeky little twitchy noses trying to get out and clamber onto my lap :love:

Plus I have a multimat, set of large fiddle sticks to make a tunnel with, a bunny warren and hanging hay ball thingi on order so I cant wait to watch them with all that too! :D

Last edited:
I used to have one of those corner litter trays but Bella kept throwing it around and actually turning it upside down :roll: So I got rid of it and got a regular litter tray for cats. She still pushes that one around occasionally :lol: But they're both pretty good at using it.

I went out this morning and yep sure enough it was in the middle of the downstairs! :lol: Not tipped out or anything but shifted around none the less! :roll:

Mine move their corner litter tray but not their normal trays. On my corner tray, it has little catches on the back which you can attach to the wall. Maybe try that as mine can't move it anymore.:)

they sound like fantastic bunnies and its nice to hear that they have settled well and you are enjoying them. :D

Mine move their corner litter tray but not their normal trays. On my corner tray, it has little catches on the back which you can attach to the wall. Maybe try that as mine can't move it anymore.:)

they sound like fantastic bunnies and its nice to hear that they have settled well and you are enjoying them. :D

Thanks, they are really lovey...im completly smitten with them :love: yes perhaps I should try fixing the litter tray in place...

Will it harm them if they eat the megazorb? i was a bit worried with it being highly absorbant??? Although i havnt seen them eat it since the first time I put it in but they do dig it all out :roll:

Thanks, they are really lovey...im completly smitten with them :love: yes perhaps I should try fixing the litter tray in place...

Will it harm them if they eat the megazorb? i was a bit worried with it being highly absorbant??? Although i havnt seen them eat it since the first time I put it in but they do dig it all out :roll:

Mine sometimes chew the megazorb, but it won't harm them to ingest small amounts as it won't enlarge in their stomach. As long as they are eating tons of it, I wouldn't worry. :)

I'm sorry to be a spoilsport but if the buns are eating megazorb I would remove it straight away. I got a sack to try too, and Honey ate some. I had to take her to the emergency vet that night as it totally blocked her up, she was in terrible pain :( luckily she was much better next day after having loads of subcut fluids and medication to get her guts moving again. Be very careful, I don't want your buns to go through that x

Back