• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My first ever bunny - the start of the addiction

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Simba :love:
12 years i have been keeping rabbits now :shock: if i knew then what i know now....

Simba.jpg

Simba003.jpg

Simba002.jpg

all my bunnies were uppy eared dutch, until i got matthew and tabitha. at first, i couldn't get my head around lops. :lol: though i now have four, they're all five years old and i keep telling myself firmly that if i outlive them, i won't be having any more...

:love: awww time does fly its 12yrs of bunnies here for me :shock: as you may remember thumper my french lop well

Thanks everyone. I was thinking, its actually 13 years :shock: :oops:

Poor Simba died of statis :( i was so clueless back then, such a waste of a lovely wee life. He even started life with a guinea pig friend :shock::oops:. So clueless.....

ETA you can see Rhama's nose (the wee guinea pig) in the last picture :love:.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking, its actually 13 years :shock: :oops:

Poor Simba died of statis :( i was so clueless back then, such a waste of a lovely wee life. He even started life with a guinea pig friend :shock::oops:. So clueless.....

ETA you can see Rhama's nose (the wee guinea pig) in the last picture :love:.

So sorry to hear that but there's been many bunnies very lucky to have you, including the ones you have now :love:

I feel very bad when I think of my first bun. :( My mum brought him home when I was about 12, and whilst I adored him, I don't think anyone of us had a clue what we were doing. He was an indoor bun, and he lived for many, many years ~ but I can't remember any trips to the vet, so he was probably not neutered nor vaccinated. I can't remember feeding him hay, but I can't remember him being ill either. It seems cruel now... I'm now closer to 40, and spend a lot of time looking into how to best look after my three, but I was probably a terrible mummy to poor Rex. :(

Simba was gorgeous no wonder you became bunnie obsessed :love: Its almost been ten years for me and these two started me off on a wonderful if sometimes heartbreaking path. However bunnies will always be a mainstay in my life. I have the rabbit bug and its not leaving any time soon.

Mona and Karma (white nose)- my first bunnies. Incidentally Mona is still alive and is 9 years old now going on ten next April with any luck :love:

5KarmaandMona280404.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread :oops:

Back