• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good news. Cutie-pie doesn't need a dental. Mr Bennett has put on weight.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Went to the vets this morning for Mr Bennetts VHD but thought I better get Cutie-pies teeth checked again as she sometimes gets wet fur around one of her eyes, although it is dry at the moment.

Mr Bennett has put on 200 grams in a week fews and is now 2 kilos. :shock: Although the vets said he can weigh up to 2.3 kilos. I think I better give less crunchies.:oops:

Anyway the vets put orange dye in Cutie-pies eye to see if it came out both of her nostrils and it did. Weird, it comes out green, down the middle part under the nose.:shock: There is no sign of infection or inflammation. Her teeth are a little long but no spurs.:)

That is brilliant news! I am so glad they are both ok and no denials are needed.

I took my chocolate mini lop fosters to the vet this morning. They came here on Monday and I had suspicions about their teeth. Both need dentals but are underweight. The vet said its a vicious circle they can't eat because they are sore but need to put on weight. He did say though that after a week in my house they'd be in much better condition though. Do I over feed my buns????

Amanda that is wonderful news!!:wave: as a vet told me years ago...and again recently..buns seem to need more dentals after they have even one as even if they burr down to the gumline..both sides...one tooth always grows at a different rate...therefore needing regular dentals:shock:

ah yes less crunchies:lol::lol:

That is brilliant news! I am so glad they are both ok and no denials are needed.

I took my chocolate mini lop fosters to the vet this morning. They came here on Monday and I had suspicions about their teeth. Both need dentals but are underweight. The vet said its a vicious circle they can't eat because they are sore but need to put on weight. He did say though that after a week in my house they'd be in much better condition though. Do I over feed my buns????

:shock::lol::lol::lol:

I think, as the vet said to me, when bunnies are settled they are more content, eat more and put on weight. Mr Bennett certainly didn't need to put on weight but he loves eating. They do get alot of different foods and he loves carrot. Maybe I shouldn't have bought another banana yesterday.

Last edited:
Amanda that is wonderful news!!:wave: as a vet told me years ago...and again recently..buns seem to need more dentals after they have even one as even if they burr down to the gumline..both sides...one tooth always grows at a different rate...therefore needing regular dentals:shock:

ah yes less crunchies:lol::lol:

Very true. I was hoping she didn't need one, because you never know how long it is before the next one could be due.

Back