• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lionhead weight?

There isn't one :wave:

Each bun has their own ideal weight, there isn't a rule, as any cross breeding would change that and each bun has different metabolism etc based upon genetics :)

taa hun,
just weighed Zuma and Pix, was hoping someone could tell me if these weights where ok?

Zuma
1820g

Pixel
1759g

very surprise poppets put on a fair amount and is at a healthier mini rex weight now:roll:
1426g *dances*:love:

Just base it on each individual rabbit :) There will be a show weight somewhere (if not here then in the US- not sure if they are yet showable over here) but that doesn't mean anything for a specific bunny, just whether or not they are showable.

The only one who can assess those weights are you, and your vet because you need to be able to see and feel them.

Just base it on each individual rabbit :) There will be a show weight somewhere (if not here then in the US- not sure if they are yet showable over here) but that doesn't mean anything for a specific bunny, just whether or not they are showable.

The only one who can assess those weights are you, and your vet because you need to be able to see and feel them.

thanks hun, another question to save me making another thread when is a bunny at its full grown weight?
with fearne i was told she was a mini lop but shes already 961g and the ideal mini lop weight isnt much more than that so guessing shes a dwarf lop?
:lol:

:love:

I don't think there is a certain weight I have a few lionheads and they are all totally different sizes

ranging from 2.5 kg to 1.2kg

thanks hun, another question to save me making another thread when is a bunny at its full grown weight?
with fearne i was told she was a mini lop but shes already 961g and the ideal mini lop weight isnt much more than that so guessing shes a dwarf lop?
:lol:

:love:

You're putting too much in store on what a rabbit should weight and therefore what breed it is. She could easily genetically be a minilop, just a nonshowable one without the dwarfing gene, for example.

The smaller the rabbit the sooner they finish growing. For a small bunny it will be roughly 7-9 months, for a larger bunny it will be later. They will fill out after this point. (This is for your average healthy rabbit, not one stunted, neglected, had food withheld or unhealthy/not well).

taa hun,
just weighed Zuma and Pix, was hoping someone could tell me if these weights where ok?

Zuma
1820g

Pixel
1759g

very surprise poppets put on a fair amount and is at a healthier mini rex weight now:roll:
1426g *dances*:love:

Without seeing them, that's going to be really difficult, you should be able to feel if they feel 'right' or not and just seeing them they should 'look' healthy, if that makes any sense?

Ginger's a Lionlop (lionhead x dwarf lop with no lion showing) and currently weighs in at 1.96Kg's at last weigh in. She has additional issues though so its all swings and roundabouts :)

thanks all ill go by the fact they look healthy i just panic they may get overweight. my 2 current Fosters are morbidly overweight and its horrid to see.
i really worry that mine will be overweight even though i know im not overfeeding.
im just obsessive:oops:

You're putting too much in store on what a rabbit should weight and therefore what breed it is. She could easily genetically be a minilop, just a nonshowable one without the dwarfing gene, for example.

The smaller the rabbit the sooner they finish growing. For a small bunny it will be roughly 7-9 months, for a larger bunny it will be later. They will fill out after this point. (This is for your average healthy rabbit, not one stunted, neglected, had food withheld or unhealthy/not well).
coolio thankyou hun i just panic so much :oops::oops::oops:
silly i know :oops::oops:

Just be smart about looking at them and learning how to tell if they are healthy.

I've had my own very obese fosters and some of them are hilarious when they start to move around and enjoy life. Summer was like a beach ball that bounced about :love:

Ive always thought it was 3-4 lbs.

You're talking about a show quality, pure bred lionhead, not a rabbit with a mane who may or may not be pure bred, who won't be show quality, may be mixed with anything type 'lionhead'.

I have a 2kg lionhead here, perfectly healthy. Not purebred, but he has the single mane gene. He's also very rangey and not cobby like a show quality lionhead.

thankyou so so much for helping me put my mind at rest,
i do try to do my best:lol:

Ill post some photos of our fosters i havent got round to posting any of the photos ive taken:oops:

My lionhead ben weighs roughly 1.9-2.0 kg's.

He has out weight on recently though, my vet thought he could do with putting some on as at one point he only weighed 1.6 kg's.

But as sky-o and Graham say every rabbit is different. If unsure, seek advice from your vets.

:)

Back