• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Musical bunny?

AnyBunny

Warren Scout
Our buck, Da Vinci, seems to like playing with one of his feed bowls which makes a clear ringing sound. He picks it up off the floor completely and then drops it to make it ring, and this can go on for 5 minutes or longer at a time. He's not asking for food because if I put something in it he just tips it out and carries on picking it up and dropping it. Sometimes he lifts it as high as he can without taking his front feet off the ground, as if he's going for the longest drop.

Is he actually doing this for the sound it makes? Is he deliberately using it as a musical instrument? If he is, it suggests rabbits have a sense of music.

It may be boredom, he may just be playing :)

What kind of accomodation does he have?

He and Pineapple are put in the kitchen overnight but by day have the run of the ground floor with plenty of things to chew, furniture to climb on etc. Da Vinci has been known to help himself from the fruitbowl on the dining table.

Two of my bunnies like to ring the bell :D They grab on to a hanging bell with their teeth, and then let go in order to make it tinkle. Maybe he just likes the sound it makes. :)

Oh this does make me laugh! We buy the buns all these lovely toys and give them treats and nice things to chew, but it seems the simple things entertain them sometimes :love:

Back