• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for pets hay

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Just wondered if anyone had noticed a difference in the latest batches of hay for pets meadow hay? My latest delivery is pretty poor quality, the rabbits just aren't touching it. Usually they like it, but it's too soft I think. Their poos are terrible!

Not the meadow hay but my Ings hay has sometimes been different, I wouldn't say bad and the bunnies have still eaten it but I would say the previous orders have been much better quality but I guess it's just different batches that can't be helped. Hope your next order is a better one though!

The latest batch I have had is this years cut, whereas the one before was last years, this may be the same with you and explain the difference? I find the hay changes each time but is usually of equal quality and nomminess. I find the Timothy and Rye stays the most 'standard' and the Ings changes the most between batches.

I did notice however that the Timothy and Rye was very different, good, but different this time, and Barney didnt like it as much(I should note here that hes a fussy one). I contacted them and they were very helpful and explained that my previous bags of the T&R had come from a different farm, and that it would be available in December again and that they could send me the bags from that farm specifically if I wanted. I love that they knew exactly which farm my hay comes from! So it may be worth contacting them, their customer service is fantastic.

Poppy wouldnt eat the last lot I bought from them. I got p@h's this time and she is enjoying it...it even had dried carrots in:D

Poppy wouldnt eat the last lot I bought from them. I got p@h's this time and she is enjoying it...it even had dried carrots in:D

The 'timothy feeding hay'? I mix this with readigrass and dried herbs and the buns go nuts for it! Its their only decent own brand hay, cut a bit short so dont think its quite as good for teeth, but they really like it.

The 'timothy feeding hay'? I mix this with readigrass and dried herbs and the buns go nuts for it! Its their only decent own brand hay, cut a bit short so dont think its quite as good for teeth, but they really like it.

It was a own brand one but with herbs and carrots added...not much more expensive either. I used to mix the burns herbs with the hay for pets hay and Poppy loved it but she wasted nearly a full bag of the last order:shock:

I love this year's meadow hay from hay4pets. its so soft and its great for providing cushioning for Molly's hocks. and the bunnies love to eat it too. its so green and sweet smelling.

Back