• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much does your OH help with the buns

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Mine is rubbish, its lucky he even feeds them. I have to all the cleaning and everything, its not even that they are mine, at least 3 of them we have because he wanted them.

I get so angry :shock::censored::evil:

Its the same around the house too, he is always sitting down doing nothing, Im always running around doing everything :evil:

He usually feeds all 6 buns, 2 g pigs and 3 cats at night because he gets in first, its about 50/50 with the cats litter tray and he often puts A and E out in their run again because he gets in first. When I had my op at christmas he did everything and I hated it - i like the buns done in a certain way :lol:

I know what you mean by that, on the odd occassion that I have embarressed OH into cleaning them, I have to go and do it again after. I have managed to wait a couple of days though so as not to really make him feel like its not even worth doing the little that he does do

I do everything - but he feeds them! :censored: or likes to feed them - that bugs me more because when he gets home now they dash over to see him expecting food - HELLO?! I'm the one who cleans out your mucky toilets!!!!!

(He does :censored: all around the house as well - feel like flipping Cinderella sometimes - so share your pain!

I do everything but I don't mind! They're my little monsters. He has looked after them when I've been sick or been away for a few days though and manages just fine. He fills their bowls when I ask while I'm doing litter trays. He's just worried he won't do it to my exacting standards! :lol: He even asks permission before giving them treats.

I do everything but I don't mind! They're my little monsters. He has looked after them when I've been sick or been away for a few days though and manages just fine. He fills their bowls when I ask while I'm doing litter trays. He's just worried he won't do it to my exacting standards! :lol: He even asks permission before giving them treats.

Sounds like the way things are done in our house too :lol:

Similar story here. He wanted them, but now only cleans them under duress - he'll always say 'oh they'll be ok for another day' (usually until he's away so I'll have to do it anyway'.

Good thing I don't mind looking after them!

I must be lucky! Me and OH completely share the work! We do alternate days cleaning her out and doing her veg at night, and then who ever is up first sorts her breakfast out.

Bella still loves him more though :evil:

Dont get me wrong, I love being in the bunny shed, I spend ages out there with them.

I guess its just things are getting on top of me a bit with all the work in the house and the long hours I work and the amount of time I have to spend away from home etc.

I worked from home today and he is on leave and all he has done is sit around all day, and the house is getting really untidy. I am sick of spending all my time off doing chores while he does the barest minimum.

I pay for everything too as he has been out of work for a while and has just started again.

You would think he would want to show a bit of gratitude at least. I would be so embarressed if it was me.

Sorry, I know im moaning.

When I had my op at christmas he did everything and I hated it - i like the buns done in a certain way :lol:

I'm the same. :oops: OH doesn't help out much but I think my fussiness about it all is probably why so I have nobody to blame but myself really. :roll::lol:

Perhaps you should leave him a list to do while you're out Bungle bunny. ;) My OH is useless at noticing what needs doing.

Oh gets up early to let bunnies out while I stay in bed. :) He plays with them, grooms them, feeds them, cleans trays (tho not hutches) and buys them toys and treats. He runs round after them, worries about them and likes to come along to the vet.

They are *my* bunnies, but if we were to get divorced, he'd def put up one hell of a fight to keep 'em!

I was overseas for 8 weeks 2 years ago and OH looked after my 6 pets. My cat, 2 bunnies and 3 chinchillas.:love:

He doesn't do anything when I am here but to be fair he pays absolutey everything for them, vets visits and food. But if I go away he looks after my now 5 pets.

He takes to the vets and back, he rushes home when I phone him for an emergency vet visit, he even took me to a vets at midnight and we didn't get home until 1.30 am when he had to get up in early for work.

He ferries me around to RU do's, 70 miles away.

He is a good man.:love:

Mine does nothing at all! They are definitely my pets. He doesn't like small animals, and thinks Finx in particular doesn't like him. He is more scared of the hamsters though, something about tiny feet I think..?

I've never asked him to clean out or feed the bunnies, and now that they're settled in their outdoor set-up there's not really any need for him to catch them as they can run in and out of the hutch as they please, they generally come running towards me when I open the back door but apparently they aren't so pleased to see him!

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my bunnies and Wilson (chinese hamster), so I'm happy to do everything for them, but I wouldn't mind some more help around the house!!!

To be honest I think we're our own worst enemy, we 'take these jobs on' and then moan when we dont get help,

I do everything to do with the house, ie
cleaning, washing etc
family food, pak-up etc
all gardening
and bunnies

but if I need any DIY doing, he's there with drill etc before I've finished my sentence! :thumb:

I'm the same. :oops: OH doesn't help out much but I think my fussiness about it all is probably why so I have nobody to blame but myself really. :roll::lol:

Perhaps you should leave him a list to do while you're out Bungle bunny. ;) My OH is useless at noticing what needs doing.

Exactly right - my Oh doesn't see mess, he says his standards are not as high as mine and that he needs telling when things need doing. Maybe 8 times out of 10 if I leave him something specific to do when he has a day off and I'm at work he will do it :) Although he doesn't always think about it - I got in from work in a heavy shower today to find him helpfully doing the washing up, while the towels I'd asked him to peg out got soaked :lol:

Although he doesn't always think about it - I got in from work in a heavy shower today to find him helpfully doing the washing up, while the towels I'd asked him to peg out got soaked :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: He probably expected you to be so pleased that he'd washed up!!!

Mine has never cleaned them out, but they are my bunnies.
He loves them very much and spends a lot of time with them, and happily looks after them when I'm away.
He knows how to medicate them, and has taken them to the vet for me as well.
I do a lot of the housework - washing up, washing, ironing etc - but he does the bigger jobs, like fixing the bunny runs, chopping logs, cleaning windows, washing my car.
I think we have things well sorted here.

He doesn't. And then he gets mad when I refer to Buckley as my bunny.
I pay for everything for Buckley and do everything for him.
I don't mind though :)

My OH is pretty good, he loves looking after Simba. He wasn't bothered at all when we first got her (though he built the hutch!) but now he can spend hours watching her running aroun the living room (she was an outdoor bunny for first 2 weeks until we decided she is too small to be outside and more than anything, we would rather have her inside!). She drove her to the vets, she sat on my knee.

My OH is in the army and has just finished 2 weeks leave, we went away for a week and Simba was in a hotel. When we came back, I was back at work and he was still on leave so Simba got spoilt.

He loves her, doesn't mind cleaning her and loves to feed her. He thinks I worry about her way too much though!

Back