• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for chewers??

megansmummy

Mama Doe
What toys do your chew happy bunnies like?

Poppy and Daisy have started snacking on their hutch, they have some willow sticks and some hard apple and carrot chew bars things (seeds and whatnot) which they are enjoying...but what else is good? All the websites have so much choice and i dont know where to start! :lol:

Mine love willow balls. I also fill egg boxes and other suitable boxes with hay and they love those. Also small willow tunnels stuffed full of hay go down well.

joejoe loves his little red dumb-bell from pets at home, he's a chewer extraordinaire and it's his longest surviving toy - going on for 3 years now! They all enjoy their jingle bell balls too and don't appear to chomp on them. :D

Toilet roll stuffed with hay keep Simba busy for hours! Also likes her big hay ball with a bell inside, but would still rather chew stuff she isn't supposed to :D

I have housebuns and I find that they go for anything they are not supposed to have. A cardboard box will go ignored, but put something important in it which would be ruined if the buns chewed the box and 'voila' you have found the perfect bunny chew toy!

What about a nut knot nibbler...
I got archie one as i thought he would enjoy trying to get the nut out and he chewed on it for ages and still couldnt do it so gave up, i'd reccomend it if you have a determined rabbit that will want to get the nut, if there lazy like archie i'd say no cos they give up haha

I buy from this eBay seller. The willow is untreated - I checked! The item I have linked to is £7 and I think you get an awful lot more for your money than with the rabbit specific toys.

Back