• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had the fright of my life.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Was just on the last bit of my journey home when an orange Dutch hopped to the side of the road and disappeared. My immediate concern was that Runt or Oddeye had escaped. I rushed home to check And they were both fine. We then drove back down to try and find this other rabbit. Sadly it was dark and the rabbit had jumped into overgrown bracken on a slope, so there was no chance of finding it. There was an agouti Dutch wildie at the other side of the hill last year but if never reached adulthood, whereas the glimpse I got of this one looked like an adult. I'll keep an eye open for it again but I fear if it is a domestic it doesn't stand much chance.:(

How sad, I was with my husband driving last year when we came across a dutch rabbit in the hedge, I tried so hard to get it but it just ran away. I still think about it everytime I pass the hedge:(

My last bun was a 'middle of the road' rescue. A black lop.

The local RSPCA said (and being on here this sounds unlikely, but I swear in 2001 it was true). We're full. If you bring her here we'll have no choice but to put her down.

The police said she was lost property and I legally had to hold onto her for a fortnight and try to find her owners.

And over that 2 weeks (or in truth, the first 10 seconds). I fell in love. I was in a rented house and wasn't allowed pets, but I didnt care!

It's a horrible thought that the RSPCA would have had her PTS though. I don't think anyone other than me ever really tried to find her owners.

Gosh, what a shock. I read about so many 'found' buns on here, I am always on the look out when we are driving around.

The other day, I was driving and OH saw one, I stopped the car and he got out, I had to drive down the road for about a mile before I could turn round and come back.

When I did, he got in the car and said that he was talking to the bun and two young girls walked by and he asked if they knew whos bun it was. They said yes, he lives in that house there and is always sitting here, for about 2 years.

I couldnt believe it, right by a very busy road!! for 2 years!! Apparently, it has a hutch and everything and OH said it looked very healthy but really?? by the side of the road??

Back