• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Merlins stomach mass is causing him great pain/vibes please.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( hed gone quiet...was eating and pooping when i went to sleep in early hours...got up at 8.30...hed eaten a few pellets and done a few poops but had also dug his litter around.
The vet said hopefully weve caught it early this time around..if he doesnt improve greatly or gets worse then hospitalise it is...he has such a history of it now.
The vet said its not his toe, i was worried it was that..maybe i was hoping it was that and not this.
A clue to why its useless to operate on him apart from the obvious..hes a bunny.....the infiltrating fatty lipoma is just that..infiltrating:(

hes put on weight...which is very odd.....but i guess hes been eating too much as id increased it to just over an eggcup full a day split into 2 meals and exercise has been limited as three individual buns need to have the run of the hall stairs landing and both bathrooms. So they take it in turns...its lilys turn tonight...

poor merlin..hes such a sweetheart....been adorable from day one.

please please i know many buns have died very recently on here and some have worse health probs than merlin......but he needs all the vibes he can get to go toward dulling the horrific pain hes in. hes had a metaclopramide shot and zantac.....hes got metacam oral for tonight...:(

Thank you all so much.....please keep them coming though.

hes been out of his cage and in my room and downstairs in the hallway..he likes to sleep there to be near bertie:( AND he likes to tease bluebell through the bars of the baby gate. There are poos.albeit they starting to get sooo teeny..more teeny than they have been. Hes weed but i havent seen him eat...but thats nothing..hes running loose and its to keep his tummy moving..he wouldnt run riot if he wasnt eating..so im hoping matt was right..we may have been lucky and got it early enough this time...but that doesnt mean he wont get worse...usually this is the calm before the storm..but hey..maybe for once he will get a break.

hes very tender..his tummy is so sore...its odd hes got puffed up like hes got major gas or suddenly put on lots of weight...the vet said he had...but i wonder if its the lipoma...could be part of it.

why him bless him....what caused it.....and will it affect his life span......

well he was just unlucky....trauma....bad diet cheap very cheap nasty muesli bun mix. The fights he had with dazy-mae the two days before her death may have been the catlyst....but then he was so far gone sick and in pain the day after shed been pts....dont think it was that.
I guess any trauma..even catching his tummy as he jumps in and out of his cage is possible. Sadly yes this is going to drastically alter his lifespan..it will eventually strangle his gi tract......but he may die earlier from something else..or he could live on pain meds etc for as long as he can. No vet ever xrayed him before emsworth did.....just they said it was dental related Gi stasis...so of ocurse having had buns with this i never thought otherwise.

the pain makes him squeak....:( but hes had zantac...metaclopramide and metacam before i came upstairs earlier. he tried to wrigle out of it but i managed it..he had to take it;)

hes back downstairs sleeping up against the babay gate..bertie was snoozing on the other side. he likes the cool floor for his tummy i think and the warmth of the radiator when it goes on..he sleeps under it toasting himself.

its not fair..i can be so light heated about my poor wee man with a daily painful condition....basically its terminal. Lots more vibes please x

Poor Merlin, I've lurked on his various threads and I'm sorry to hear he's ailing. Some get well vibes coming from me and my brood. (((((((((Healing vibes))))))))

Hope Merlin is doing ok this morning? sending more vibes and hoping he is with you for a while yet xx

Hes nibbling some hay..the amount of poos is a lot less but hes done 5 not bad sized poos.

Hes in pain but i cant do anymore right now apart from metacam:(

just dont want him hospitalised...i have a horrible feeling i wont get him back alive:(

so im just taking each hour as it goes. Hes now in his cage so i can keep an eye on him and he can sleep in security.

nikki just found an enormous weird shaped poo stuck in his mane..no way was it his as its as big as the frenchies:shock: perhaps its a bluebell one through the baby gate? hes had his meds.

im just hoping he carries on stable if not improving rapidly.....deterioration is what were trying to avoid.

mimz mum..thank you....and can i bunknap your buns...:love::love:

Sending more vibes to Merlin.

Does he have a wifebun now? I know you adopted two does so he would have a choice. Did he approve of either?

thank you...hes still very quiet but has ben confined to cage today and tonight as its lilys turn for running amok.

karen hun...he was bonded with phoebe...or as she was called at the rescue...elsee. they bonded at my mums...seemed happy once home etc then they kept humping each other non stop....andthey were running amok and then were fighting under nikkis bed.....

the fighting got so bad we had to split them:( in the time they were in the garden...she was happy to see him. i thought him n lily were now closer though...so i got in the pen and sat on the grass and had merlin in the pen first thn lily. before i had even sat back down she was fighting with him both growling grunting...fur...bared teeth...i split them in seconds and lily turned back and bit my knee:oops:

if merlin comes through this then i guess we will see if he feels he still wants phoebe....lily would be beter as she is a people person.....but phoebes the one he liked.

maybe i should throw all 3 of em into bonding...cept phoebe fights lily...and shes fought and beat up bluebell with no bloodloss!! maybe she could handle bertie and bluebell.:lol:

gonna medicate bertie...:love: then get merlins meds to take upstairs and medicate him. No catching lily...a:love:nd no laptop in my room..shes gets into teeny places!!!:shock:

merlin may have had the lipoma before he got to the rescue.......its something i never encountered before esp in rabbits..then i end up with 2. If it hadnt been for the xray and ultrasound when he nearly died in dec......it wouldnt have been spotted.

richard saunders and john chitty got emailed/faxed his xray n scanpictures....john chitty unsure...richard saunders said necrotic fatty tissue..then told our vet.:shock:id be very interested in the autopsy results on this one:shock:

Well that vet seems rather insensitive. :( Try not to let it get to you.
Continued healing vibes for Merlin. :) Poor wee bub, I hope he feels better soon. ((((hugs))))

Back