• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Claiming on insurance

Alicia

Mama Doe
When I got Izzy she had 4 weeks petplan insurance, and this runs out in 2 days. Izzy has been loosing weight and I'm taking her to the vets today. Do I need to get anything from the vets to give to Petplan or anything to claim? Also, with petplan she is registered as Apache, and at the vets she is registered as Izzy, because I changed her name from what the rescue named her, will this matter? Do I need to take anything to the vets with her today from petplan?

Firstly I would pay to renew the insurance so that it is continuous or anything you claim for will be a preexisting condition.

The vets will have to fill out a claim form, petplan provide these to you but the vets may have a copy of the form themselves. They will probably charge you £5 or £10 to fill out the form.

To be honest you'll probably find this one incident costs less than the excess of the policy which is probably £50 so it's probably not worth claiming this time.

Not sure about the name change, you'll have to phone PetPlan about that I think.

Thank you :) I didn't cost very much, and I don't think I am going to renew the insurance because I'd rather just keep money aside for them.

Back