• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had to let Starfish go this morning

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
She had another huge lump at the base of her ear which wasn't there when the vet saw her two weeks ago and she couldn't believe how quickly this tumour had grown or how nasty it felt. Given she was no longer coming out of her hutch and was extremely lethargic I decided it was time. I didn't want to leave her suffering any longer.

I will do a RB thread when I am up to it.

oh my god Ali :(

*hugs*

I'm so so sorry, she was such a fighter, she was such a brave fluffy bunster.

Words fail me.

Binky free Starfish, you beautiful fluffy bunny.

Massive hugs to you Ali. I know how hard this must have been for you.

Binky free little Starfish - you were amazing xxxx

What a sad day, but well done for setting her free from pain that could no longer be helped.

I feel very honoured to have met the Lady Starfish, and seen for myself the excellent care we know this very special bunny was given. :love:

Binky free Starfish. xxx

I am so sorry. You gave her so much love and care, she knew she could go in peace. My thoughts are with you.

Sleep tight special little bunny.x.x.

Thank you everyone. Right to the end she was a wonderful wee bunny and sat perfectly still. The vet and nurse were wonderful and talked to her throughout and it was a real comfort that they were so kind and lovely to her.

I am so sorry to hear about little Starfish.

She was an incredible little bunny and was so fortunate to have found her way to you Ali.

Nobody could have done more for her.

I never met her, but having followed her story over recent months, I feel that I did know her.

Rest easy now you wonderful little girl.

My thoughts are with you Ali and your family at this very sad time.

Di. xxx

Back