• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling Guilty!

ljm-arnott

Young Bun
Just come home from dropping Arthur at the vets to be castrated today. I know that I am doing the right thing and that long term it means that he can have a girlfriend but I feel so guilty! He must have known something was going on this morning as he was wanting loads of cuddles and was pulling his cutest poses! My OH didn't help by keeping apologising to him! Can't wait for 2pm so I can pick him up, the house is far too quiet without him!

I know how you feel! I went through the exact same thing this time last week as I had two bunnies at the vet for a neuter and a spay. My little boy, Marbles, bounced back so quickly and was stuffing his face later that afternoon and is fine now. Try not to worry and keep busy until you can call!!

Good luck Arthur. x

We all go through this, perfectly natural :)

But you ARE doing the right thing and thats just awesome :)

Keep yourself busy, make sure you have a busy day planned, as sitting around will make it worse, i promise!

Aw, I second the opinions that you ARE doing the right thing but its so tough.

Speedy recovery vibes for the little man :thumb:

OH: Today it's Friday the 13th.
Me: I don't believe in such stories.
OH: No, but HE does! *points to Mango in his cage who will be castrated today*
True story.

Don't worry about Arthut, he'll be fine! And don't feel guilty. Think you are freeing him from an urge to mate he could never satisfy otherwise.

Thank you everyone for understanding and for making me feel less guilty! Spoken to the vets, he is fine (yey!:D) but I can't pick him up until 5.45 :( Here's to another few hours waiting, I can't do anymore housework or retail therapy! Thank you all for your kind words. :love:

Back