• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is a 6x2x2 ft hutch small ?

The length is fine the height and width to me seem to small.

What do you think about this ?

My rabbits are fairly large but the 2ft height seems fine for them. They can stand up in it. I actually have a hutch which is 3ft deep and I love the extra space in it. I think it makes a lot of difference but 2ft deep is still a good size. Obviously the bigger the better. :)

The bigger the better but 6x2x2 is the recommended size for two MEDIUM sized rabbits. I used to have two medium sized rabbits in a hutch this size and the height and depth was fine for them. I've cleaned out a few 3ft deep hutches and I have to say it was incredibly difficult

It's a good size for rabbits with a run attached but to me personally it seems small because i'm used to my rabbits have a 7ft x 5ft shed with a 8.5ft x 7ft attached run. :oops:

Although our minimum recommendations are a 6x2x2ft hutch. (This is just for sheltered space.) We ask for a 6x4ft attached run.

6x4ft is adequete for permanent access for a pair or preferably 6x6ft upwards. This does depend on the size of the bunnies also.

More space is definately better if it's possible in the environment the bunnies will be housed.

The RWA association say a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft hutch with an 8ft by 6ft run.

I think the bigger the better. My 6ft double storey hutch is literally in the process of being joined to a 5ft by 5ft run which I hope will be suitable for my trio of very small rabbits (all 1.3-1.5kg).

It depends on the size of the rabbits. For small rabbits definately okay. For medium rabbits it's acceptable. For large medium / large rabbits you should aim for more space. If they can stand up on their back legs without their ears touching the roof it's tall enough.

It is the minimum recommended size for a hutch at the moment.

I have my two mini lops in a 6ft x 10ft kennel and run.

My pair used to be in a 6ftx2ft dog pen and it looked huge at first... But the more I looked at them in there the smaller it looked. So they went free range :lol:

Back