• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bedding

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
hi

my buns are currently on hay in there hutches with wood savings in there litter trays is this the best thing for them or any other ideas:rabbit2:

Hay is fine but woodshavings are not recommended for rabbits or any small animal as they let off Phenols which have been attributed to respiratory problems. Some people substitute Megazorb for woodshavings, I use litter trays lined with thick paper and thick hay - the rest of their hutches and runs are solid floors, lino in the hutches with sitting areas covered with folded towels or a piece of vetbed.

I used to use sawdust for litter tray, but recently changed to Megazorb and its excellent for litter trays. Definitely less smell and the rabbits seem to like it better and £7.99 for a huge bag its cheap too :)

On a side note when I change the litter tray and put a fresh Megazorb my bunnies love to hop in and its like a play sand pit, some times I see the Megazorb flying in every direction and they seem to be having great fun! but they do stop that after they use the litter tray, so doesn't last long.

I put straw in the bedroom, and 1/2 meadow hay 1/2 wood cat litter in the litter tray. They also get treat hay and forage stuff occasionally, which is comfy and tasty :)

Back