• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of the poor bunny's hutch :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?317043-So-upset-right-now-(

So we got up at 6 this morning to go and put the bunny up the road to my boyfriend in his hutch and run. They are on holiday and the gardener is 'looking after him' ... :censored: to that. I cleaned him out while we were there.. The wood shavings under the hay in the bed were sodden and brown, it must have been at least a week or 2 since he was cleaned out. His eye is runny, he doesn't eat hay or grass so basically another Poppy :(

He was terrified when I picked him up to put him in the carrier to take to the hutch :cry: he didn't move, I could feel him shaking. Nose rubs he is fine with. The only other contact he gets is the mom grabbing him with welding gloves on because his nickname is "killer bunny" ... :censored: he is scared because noone talks to him or pays any attention to him.. he is probably "aggressive" because of the fact he is bored, and isn't neutered. He has no toys in his hutch because there is no room. He had knocked his bowl over when we went to him in the morning. There is a corner litter tray in the out building but has never been used. The same for the disinfectant and toys.. We put them in the run but he just sniffed at them like he doesn't know how to play :( He just dug at the hay I put in there and chucked everything in his water bowl.

Oh yeah, and the mom and daughter are allergic to furry animals.. which is why they keep getting them. "After the last ferret and this rabbit die though, we aren't getting anymore" :evil: My boyfriend is going up soon to put him back in the tiny hutch :( and he is taking pictures. If they don't change how they look after him then we will take the pictures to the RSPCA or make them see reason and give him to us. It is so selfish of them to keep him when they literally don't care. The 16 yr old daughter is too busy getting drunk and the mom is just stupid. For a doctor and a dentist they have no common sense..

I forgot to take it while he was in it but you can see the rotting wood (really dark bits) and where wee has dripped out it has rotted the boxes the hutch sits on. He is so big, and literally had not moved from the same spot all night..
432079894.jpg

This is him in the hutch and run. They obviously keep him in that small hutch days on end. The last time he was out was apparently 2 weeks ago, and when he was last cleaned out..
He hopped away but ended up walking :cry: It's like his muscles aren't working properly :( No binky room or running room :(
tumblr_ltl0gsmfec1qfzl7bo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
What about saying he sadly died while they were away? I'm sure someone on here would help you find him a home?

That is sad :( can you say he got away while you were looking after him? And rehome him?

No :( I wish we could though, he is such a lovely boy (definitely not 'killer bunny') and with a lot of time and patience we could totally bring him out of his shell and give him the care and love he needs and deserves. I just hope they see sense and 'hand him over'. If not then they are the kind of people who would not like RSPCA inspectors coming around, especially if they have friends over which is most of the time, and especially if they are having a naked dinner party again.. (They have "too much money" so need something new to do.. Ew.)

Just read your threads - I hope you can get him out of there x

Sorry they are both so long lol. I get carried away:oops: I hope so too, just need to wait for them to get back which is Thursday, so until then we get up at 6 to put him in his run and go back up at about 8 to put him back in the hutch. It's heart breaking putting him in there but it's too dangerous to keep him out at night. Foxes etc.

What about saying he sadly died while they were away? I'm sure someone on here would help you find him a home?

They would probably find out :( We would have him in a heartbeat, but would need the hutch and run combo for temp accommodation so I think it would look a bit odd :? We will get him one way or another though, unless they change their ways.. which I doubt very much. Tbh, they may just be like "Oh yeah have him" because they really don't care :( Even the last remaining ferret is in a dark (very dark) smelly outbuilding..

And again, i can't believe someone would suggest doing something so illegal.

Do the right thing by everyone. Talk to the owners, offer to help, rehome, take on etc, but please don't think about taking the rabbit illegally. It's theft, plain and simple.

It sounds like bun has muscle wastage due to no space to move, a walking rabbit often signifies this.

The 'run/hutch' combo actually isn't THAT bad. I've seen A LOT worse, but can he not be kept in there permanently?

And again, i can't believe someone would suggest doing something so illegal.

Do the right thing by everyone. Talk to the owners, offer to help, rehome, take on etc, but please don't think about taking the rabbit illegally. It's theft, plain and simple.

It sounds like bun has muscle wastage due to no space to move, a walking rabbit often signifies this.

The 'run/hutch' combo actually isn't THAT bad. I've seen A LOT worse, but can he not be kept in there permanently?

That's why we are getting up early to put him in it, to stretch his legs but he ends up sitting in corners :( We are going to care for him as well as we can until Thursday when they get back. He can't stay in the run and hutch because where they live it is very open field areas and there are foxes.

My bf just text me telling me he is going to put a plastic cover over the hutch outside so it stays dry over night. It takes us 10mins to clean the small hutch, change his water and get him out. (Nowhere near a killer bunny) They are literally always thinking about themselves, which is why I hope they hand him over because even if they do change things for him he will still have no contact because they are allergic :?

That's why we are getting up early to put him in it, to stretch his legs but he ends up sitting in corners :( We are going to care for him as well as we can until Thursday when they get back. He can't stay in the run and hutch because where they live it is very open field areas and there are foxes.

My bf just text me telling me he is going to put a plastic cover over the hutch outside so it stays dry over night. It takes us 10mins to clean the small hutch, change his water and get him out. (Nowhere near a killer bunny) They are literally always thinking about themselves, which is why I hope they hand him over because even if they do change things for him he will still have no contact because they are allergic :?

Just remember, if you do take him on, remember to quarantine him WELL away from your buns until he has had a full vet check and has been vacc'd if possible.

Just remember, if you do take him on, remember to quarantine him WELL away from your buns until he has had a full vet check and has been vacc'd if possible.

He will stay at my bf's so away from Don and Lola and Poppy is indoors, he does have his vaccines, but any more expense and they say no, which is why his eye is so runny because they don't want to spend anymore money on him.. :( Coming from 2 people who have a combined income of £150,000+ a year. My bf is going to take pictures with his watch in the picture to show how long he has to stay in that guinea pig hutch. It's horrible putting him back in there at night but we try and leave it as long as we can.

He will stay at my bf's so away from Don and Lola and Poppy is indoors, he does have his vaccines, but any more expense and they say no, which is why his eye is so runny because they don't want to spend anymore money on him.. :( Coming from 2 people who have a combined income of £150,000+ a year. My bf is going to take pictures with his watch in the picture to show how long he has to stay in that guinea pig hutch. It's horrible putting him back in there at night but we try and leave it as long as we can.

He may well have bad dental issues if hsi eyes are runny :(

Hopefully its not, and its just an infection of sorts.

He may well have bad dental issues if hsi eyes are runny :(

Hopefully its not, and its just an infection of sorts.

He's not a good hay eater and the grass he is on is not eating either. He does try and eat the hay that we got him as it's not as dusty as the stuff they had for him. We got rid of that and he seems to want to try and eat this stuff, I put it in a toilet roll for him and he was throwing it around and pulling bits out. It's hard to watch a bunny who doesn't really know how to do anything :( We have leaflets and things to give them but the kind of people they are they won't do anything, it will just be easier to give him away:roll: and let someone else take the vet bill.

Poor bunny :( Money doesn't buy common sense, or compassion. I hope they let you take him xx

Exactly :( They are honestly beyond 'thick'. I hope so too. My bf text me after work while I was at the vets with Donny for his myxi jab, and said he was stroking him for ages. They call him killer bunny because of how nasty he is and how he bites :roll: When I picked him up he was scared but didn't bite, and when you stroke him he is fine. They are liars too, just an excuse for them not to go near him.. I just can't believe how he has been living for 2 years :( This is probably the most exercise he has had all his life, being in the run from 6am - 8pm for 2 days running.. :( not long left to wait till we find out if we can have him and not get involved with the RSCPA.

I do so hope you can have him - you and he deserve each other and a loving life together

I would try not to mention the RSPCA etc until it really has gone beyond ever hoping to get him - I recently involved the RSPCA with some guineas and they 'disappeared' overnight after the first visit . . . I have horrible suspicions as to what happened to them - and that was despite my offerring to take them.

PS I know its heartbreaking to put him back in his horrid hutch any earlier BUT at present foxes are coming out at 6pm around here (dusk) so I really wouldn't risk leaving him out till 8pm in that cruddy looking run thing - it would be beyond dreadful if anything happened to him.

PS I know its heartbreaking to put him back in his horrid hutch any earlier BUT at present foxes are coming out at 6pm around here (dusk) so I really wouldn't risk leaving him out till 8pm in that cruddy looking run thing - it would be beyond dreadful if anything happened to him.

Really :shock: I live in the village about 15 mins away from my bf so we don't get foxes or anything :? He's just gone up, and rang me and said he doesn't get why they call him killer bunny because he is lovely.. If we get him then he will live in my bf's shed and have loads of room. If we don't then I hope they change his lifestyle massively :(

Poor poor little bun, its such a shame that buns are still kept in these horrible situations. Why do people even bother getting a pet if theyre not going to enjoy and take care of it??? :?Mind you, these people sound like the type that treat everything as a commodity (not sure if thats the word Im looking for!) :evil:

I so hope you can get him out of there and give him a wonderful life xxxx

Poor poor little bun, its such a shame that buns are still kept in these horrible situations. Why do people even bother getting a pet if theyre not going to enjoy and take care of it??? :?Mind you, these people sound like the type that treat everything as a commodity (not sure if thats the word Im looking for!) :evil:

I so hope you can get him out of there and give him a wonderful life xxxx

They are very irritating people. Only thinking of themselves, they have a son who drinks every night and takes drugs, he also did this in 3 of his £20,000+ schools because his friends told him to:roll: the same with their daughter, but they don't dicipline them at all and they are 18 and 16. They gave in to getting a rabbit the first time because the daughter wanted one really really really badly.. and the 2 times it ran away they were relieved, when it came back they were like "..oh yeah, the rabbits back again..." :evil: and this one was a replacement. They said once he is dead and once the remaining ferret is dead then they won't have anymore pets because they are allergic and don't have the time. They are literally never home so neither animals gets any attention, or food, or water or exercise.. Just makes me feel sick :(

Back