• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They ignore each other, good or bad thing?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I want to bond Rory and Baby and took Rory to my grandmas house today to see how they were together. They sniffed a bit, but apart from that they didn't seem interested at all, baby especially. I'm guessing that's a good thing, she didn't get territorial or anything even when he went up to her hutch but all my other rabbits have been really curious and barely left each other alone :? :lol: Do you think they'll bond or are they just going to sit at opposite ends of the hutch until one gets fed up?

I even had them in the run, covered Rorys head so Baby could have a good sniff, she kind of got on top of him for a few seconds (but didn't hump), licked him then ran away :roll: :lol:

Rory was neutered 3 weeks ago but is still spraying (and humped my arm earlier :shock: for the first time) so I want to leave it a bit longer until his hormones have really settled, does anyone have a rough idea how long that will be too?

Breaking news, Rory went near the trio today (they were in the run), he stuck his head through the bars and there was no aggression, just sniffing :? It wasn't long ago Flash and Harley would jump up and throw themselves at Rorys hutch to try get to him :shock: I'm definately not thinking of a fivesome though, there's no room at mine or my grandmas for a shed

Does anyone else have rabbits that ignored each other but are now happily bonded?

Barney ignored Annabelle completely when I started bonding, and Annabelle was interested and watched him at first but pretended to ignore him, and then ignored him completely too. After the first couple of days they started to take interest in each other and do things together.

And it was the easiest bond ever! I had some humping from Barney but that was it. There was no aggression, none at all, even when they were moved back into Barney's (neutralised) territory, and when they escaped the pen into the unneutralised HUGE room, about a 10 times increase in space, they were fine!

Having said that, they aren't quite as loved up as some buns I see on here, they are always snuggled up together, they follow each other and they also hide behind each other at the vets, but they refuse to groom each other. They constantly have their heads down in front of each other asking, but neither wants to actually do the grooming. Barney is such a bolshy bun though (not just with her, with everyone and everything) she probably doesnt think he deserves being groomed, I certainly wouldnt. They are just more good mates than lovers, and they do rely on each other.

I have always heard that ignoring is a good sign.

Back