• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I messed up :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I left a carrier bag that i used for bramble leaves ontop of the dog crate by mistake. B&G (not sure who or if both?) have eaten a HUGE portion of said carrier.

There are some very horrible stasis'y looking poops in the dog crate on the floor (which would make me assume Ginger as Biscuit is 100% litter trained) :(

Called vet, waiting for a call back from the rabbity vet :(

Hope they turn out to be OK. Even the best rabbit owners make mistakes (I certainly have) so please don't blame yourself too much.

Sending vibes for B&G.

I hope they are ok. Promising that there are poos though. I expect it will 'pass'. Vibes for the bunnies and to you. x

Spoke to vet, they've told me to just keep an eye on her, and whilst she's eating and bright, we're just going to wait.

Ginger *seems* fine and is doing bunny 500's up and down the stairs currently, but the poops she's just done on the stairs :)roll:) are TINY and very dry, so we're just keeping an eye on her and tempting her to drink and eat fibrous foods. She's just eaten about 10 bramble leaves and sat in the litter tray for a bit, so hopefully, she's just re-starting her gut :?

Biscuit's being a nutter also, but the poops he's done in the litter tray look 100% normal, so im assuming it was just little madame who ate a good 3 inch piece of carrier bag :roll:

I do feel very stupid for doing this, but i guess its just one of those things and i need to think more in the future.

Thank you for your thoughts :)

Glad they're both bouncing about!
Silly bunnies, though. Fancy thinking a carrier bag was a good snack!

I love following your threads. Norty Bunnies. Sometimes they don't know when to stop, they taste something they like and keep on going, ending up with poorly tums. Hope all sorts itself out and the poops increase in quantity and size.

Shall I let you in on a secret? Mischa used to eat his corner litter trays and ate a good chunk of it. He must have ingested it as I never found pieces and that was plastic, thicker than a plastic bag. These things happen, don't beat yourself up. Poops are good and Ginger is clever and knows how to deal with gut slowdowns. :)

Don't worry. I found out on Saturday Mr Bennett has eaten chunks out of the rubber door stoppers and I didn't find any pieces. He also ate a good amount of the white plastic cap on the back door stop and chunks out my shoes. :roll:

I hope your gorgeous bunnies will be OK. Whichever greedy bun ate it, I'm sure it will just pass through their system.

One of my chinchillas once ate a piece of black bin liner which the vacuum cleaner blew against their cage while I was cleaning their room. I was beside myself with worry, the vet said just to keep an eye on her, but she expected that it would just pass through her system....and it did. :)

I did this once aswell. I felt terrible :( I'd left the hay bag far too close to Frankie (left of signature) and she pulled it in and ate the bag to get to the hay. Rang the emergency vet, who said that it would take a while for any problems to show up, so wasn't worth going in unless she displayed symptoms of a potential blockage. The bag wouldn't have shown on x ray until it caused a blockage behind it. The day or so after I took her to the vets as she was quiet, (and took the bag to show the bits she ate :lol: ) and they were confident it would just pass through. I was on poop watch for a while, before I realised I should have been crumbling the bumbles up to see inside, so started doing that but never actually saw any come back out. She's as right as reign now though, and produces lovely big bumbles for such a small rabbit!!

Bunny 500's are a great sign :thumb: I'm sure Ginger will be ok xxx

Back