• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightime questions?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave: Sorry I have lots of questions at the moment! :oops:

Last night was the first night home for our new girls, they are 16 week old dutchies...I have just got up at 6am and popped out to check on them and they are sitting on the top level of their double hutch but not inside the sleep area bit...the hutch has a wind/rain cover on it. I was wondering if all your buns sleep snuggled away? I put lots and lots of hay on the sleep area for them to snuggle into (which of course they may have done and have got up already!!).

I put a littertray in the sleep area and filled that with hay and shavings...do you think it might be in the way in there? there is lots of room around the sides of it and yesterday they were sat in it in there but im just worried that they might have been cold over night and for some reason not gone in and snuggled up in there?

I think most of us have rabbits who sleep out in the cold regardless of our efforts to give them agog warm bedd. Obviously they still need their warm bed so they can snuggle in if they want to but don't worry about them, if they're cold they'll soon find their way inside.

I think mine would choose to sleep in a litter tray rather than a bedroom :lol: I bring mine indoors during the winter, but cos I have been sleeping with them last 3 nights, I have noticed that they all wake up and become very active around 5-5:30am so it could be just that you saw them after they already woke up! I'm sure if they are really cold, they would snuggle in the hay together.

Snowdrop sleeps outside in her run on the concreat floor and strawberry sleeps ontop of his table in the window of his playhouse.

They did the same all last winter in the snow and were fine.

I feed extra pellets in winter and make sure they still get plenty of time to run about on the garden and keep warm.

Back