• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit bowls

OwnedByRabbits

Warren Veteran
can i see some pictures of your rabbit bowls please

i would prefer it if it had food in to see what their dishes look like full

i know itsrandom but im going to get smokey and tizzy a new one but dont know which ones

I don't have any pictures but at the moment I have a mix. I used to just scatter the food on the hutch floor so they took their time eating and learned to forage, but mine tended to just rush even more to get to the food before the others :roll:

Now I have some really old burgess feeder things, half is a hay rack and half is like this
5396.jpg
but obviously I don't fill it right up. It's got fine mesh on the bottom so any dust in the food falls out and the top is covered from the rain, mine is attached to the mesh so they can't drag it around.

I've also got some plastic bowls that hook on to the mesh like this
images

They're very easy to take off the mesh and scoop up the food but don't get dragged around (my trio's hutch is huge and very akward to get in to so I could never reach normal bowls when they moved them)

i want a hay rack that is like that first feeder! i don't care what it's called. if i can put hay in it and the hay will fall down and be served a little at a time, that's what i want!

Sorry, not got a photo but I use a shallow flan dish for mine. Great as no-one can hog the bowl, especially when it comes to my guineas! It's roughly 2cm deep and about 12cm diameter.

I don't use bowls. I have two of these, one per pair, and that full is enough for a pair a day. Then I scatter them on their blankets.

IMG_2029.jpg

For wet greens in summer I use a plant saucer, designed for plant pots.

114dbfb6.jpg

Back