• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holly, Frodo and Mojo

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
A bonded trio, but they refuse to pose together :roll:

Holly Hopper

scaled.php

scaled.php

Frodo

scaled.php

scaled.php

Mr Mojo

scaled.php

scaled.php

Awww that's a disappointment. I thought you had trained them to do home improvements :roll::lol::lol::love: Gorgeous :love:

They are gorgeous. :love::love::love: Do you have any bother making sure they all get the right amount of food when the buns vary quite a bit in size?

They are gorgeous. :love::love::love: Do you have any bother making sure they all get the right amount of food when the buns vary quite a bit in size?

Actually, i dont have much of a problem with this. They are all very "foody" buns so they all ensure they get their share :). I did used to scatter feed, but i use three bowls each now to make sure everyone has somewhere to eat on their own, though usually they just tip all the bowls and share anyway :lol:

Actually, i dont have much of a problem with this. They are all very "foody" buns so they all ensure they get their share :). I did used to scatter feed, but i use three bowls each now to make sure everyone has somewhere to eat on their own, though usually they just tip all the bowls and share anyway :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it true that larger breeds have slower metabolisms so don't need more pellets in proportion to size? My friend's rabbit is a minilop like your Frodo, and is given far more pellets than I give Spenser - but I wouldn't say the wee fellow is carrying excess weight.

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it true that larger breeds have slower metabolisms so don't need more pellets in proportion to size? My friend's rabbit is a minilop like your Frodo, and is given far more pellets than I give Spenser - but I wouldn't say the wee fellow is carrying excess weight.

I honestly dont know :oops:. i use a plastic cup, probably just smaller than a pint glass.
Im not sure about breed specific feeding, because of the weight loss and gain issues i have with my buns, the way i feed maintains everyone at an ideal weight though :D.
Is your Spencer quite a big boy? I can never decide from his pictures :oops: he is a handsome boy though :love:

Mojo gets the top 3rd of this (its wider at the top) Frodo gets the second 3rd of this because he is a skinny boy and Holly gets the last 3rd which is smallest, because she is prone to weight gain.

With Giles, Willow and Summer, Giles gets the large portion, Summer gets the second largest (both prone to weight loss) and Willow gets the smallest portion because she is a good weight and i want to keep that stable.

Oose (conti giant) and Riley (french x english lop) get half a cup each (Oose is still a "baby" technically, probably approaching a year, and Riley is a weight loss bun) and little Taffy gets a small a little handful (not sure how much of a cup that is probably a 6th) as she is a nethie cross.

Not really techinical measurements, should really weight how much they get to see. It may sounds wrong to some people, but it suits their dietry needs. This said, as they do tip the bowls, everyone probably get a little bit more or less than i intend :oops:.

I use Rabbit Royal, i used to feed science selective, but i found the weight loss buns really struggled to maintain weight with it :? i still think SS is a wonderful feed, just didnt seem to suit my buns. The RR has various forage bits in it with pellets, so it is quite natural for what is technically a "mix"

Thanks for the feeding info - very interesting as if I ever bonded Spenser it would probably have to be with a smaller bun. He weighed about 2.6kg last time he was at the vets, but is probably more now as he is developing his winter 'fat suit'. He gets his pellets in three lots, a small handful for breakfast and tea, then a few extra for his supper. I guess this would be about two eggcups in total.

Rabbit Royal is a very good feed, and Spenser was on it when I got him. I only changed him because he was prone to selective feeding.

Back