• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella

Tonight, one of our two parrotlets died. We have no idea how she died or why but she was laying at the bottom of her cage. My thought is she probably broke her neck because her neck seems to be in an awkward position. I really hope she didn't die painfully but from her position I have a feeling it was painful... This is really hard on my entire family as she was less than a year old and was a replacement for another bird that died from breaking her neck flying into a wall. However, we know her death wasn't painful as we were there for the whole 3 minutes it took for her breath to stop. We will probably stick to one bird from now because I just can't handle it again... My existing birdie keeps chirping her head off, waiting for a response and it's ripping my heart to shreds. Here is some pictures of Bella, the beautiful parrotlet.

photo-4.jpg

100_2632.jpg

bella1.jpg

bella.jpg

She was the only bird to produce eggs
bel.jpg

i am sorry for your loss. your pictures show that bella was a beautiful bird - she looks full of character.

:cry: how awful....lots of tlc to the other little bird should help him get over his loss.. did they live in the same cage? if not maybe he doesnt know she died ?maybe showing him the body will help him realise that shes gone:cry:

:cry: how awful....lots of tlc to the other little bird should help him get over his loss.. did they live in the same cage? if not maybe he doesnt know she died ?maybe showing him the body will help him realise that shes gone:cry:

No they didn't live in the same cage and maybe that's what I should do... We are going to the store today to get Lily (the remaining bird) Some extra toys and treats so she can be occupied. This one's gonna be getting extra loving!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. We are burying Bella this morning and she's going to be buried right next to the other bird.

Back