• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorted

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
what do you take?

because Crunchie needs medication and a watchful eye I am having to take him with me when I go away next week. I am only going for friday avo, and sat and coming back sunday am...

What should I take...He wees and poos everywhere so am worried about that for a start, and I only have a small car - which also has to fit Beau in so cant take a whole indoor set up including alot of floor protection....I also only have a small crate and not sure if that would be too small t keep him in fora whole day :( to be fair with him being poorly he isnt much into running around but still....

advice?

Last edited:
no it has been paid for for a long time and was quite expensive and to be honest - if I dont get away soon I'll have a nervous breakdown. I feel so enclosed by the house. Spent all day just moving the mess from the living room and creating a den upstairs for crunchie.
The only alternative is to ask the person feeding the cats and bunnies to look after crunchie too - but I dont know if he will be up to it :( as its the baytril metacam bisolvin and eye drops...
The vet said he couldnt see there being a problem :(:(

What can I do? I am struggling enough as it is :( If I lose next week even the thought of not having a break is making me feel panicked and depressed :( Ive not long managed to get off ads :(:( and already feel like evrythings too much :(

no it has been paid for for a long time and was quite expensive and to be honest - if I dont get away soon I'll have a nervous breakdown. I feel so enclosed by the house. Spent all day just moving the mess from the living room and creating a den upstairs for crunchie.
The only alternative is to ask the person feeding the cats and bunnies to look after crunchie too - but I dont know if he will be up to it :( as its the baytril metacam bisolvin and eye drops...
The vet said he couldnt see there being a problem :(:(

What can I do? I am struggling enough as it is :( If I lose next week even the thought of not having a break is making me feel panicked and depressed :( Ive not long managed to get off ads :(:( and already feel like evrythings too much :(

Would any of the Vet Nurses at the surgery you use be prepared to care for him at their home if you paid them ??

I was going to say similar, would your vet board him? Ours did but it wasn't something they would advertise, they just offer it in appropriate circumstances.

I dont know any of them as I only deal with the vet, and the two I have met are very dog only people :(:(
With Crunchies medication which is all so un-expected I could afford to pay a third person :(

I feel so ****trapped****

I'm also worried that between two jobs and now all the extra bunny care Beau is suffering...which is why I as so looking forward to next week just us two :(:(

Its bad enough that I lost rolo, then crunchie being so ill, bloody kittens weeing everywhere, beau's had kennel cough, had to create a place for crunchie permanantly inside and if the landlord comes I could loose the house :(:( I have a migraine nearly every day and just feel like walking out and not looking back :(:(:(

I think you need to be realistic and this may read as harsh.

If you are not able to manage the nursing care Crunchie may need for many, many more weeks and you cannot postpone your Holiday, cannot pay for a carer for Crunchie and you are on the verge of walking out maybe it is time to reconsider your decision to treat the Myxi.

I know this may read as shocking, but sadly it is something you need to think about. You could risk taking Crunchie away. The stress could easily exacerbate his Myxomatosis. He could become desperately ill and you would not have Veterinary care readily available. Yes, he might cope. But with such a grave illness as Myxomatosis I would not be prepared to take such a risk.

I genuinely do not mean to distress you further by this post and I hope that you are able to come to a decision that you feel to be right for Crunchie and for you.

I dont know what to do....feel like its Crunchie or me

After working 7 days a week for months, then other personal issues, plus the other animals, losing rolo, crunchies care....I just feel so exhaustd and without a time out I dont know how I can continue the way I am. I only booked it for a day and half and only an hour away to minimise and stress by leaving te animals and its the first non working break ill have had in 15 months :(

I dont know if the person I've got coming to feed the buns and cats could cope with Crunchie's medication.....

Just feel at the end of my tether and dont know what to do :(:(

ETA I couldnt pts as apart from the nodules and minor genital swelling he is fine. Thats what the vet told me yesterday. That the swelling of the eyes isnt the eyes swelling - just the nodules on the outer of the eye, no mouth swelling very very minor genital swelling, and the nodules on his nose. His breathing is only affected by the nodules on his nose which are starting to harden and change. Nothing wrong with his stomach, lungs or some other organ I cant recall him saying now :( Its great news....but at the same time because of the nodules the vet said to keep him in because the damp outside wont help. He said to continue the metacam and baytril and to just play it by ear with the nodules.

Last edited:
I think you need to be realistic and this may read as harsh.

If you are not able to manage the nursing care Crunchie may need for many, many more weeks and you cannot postpone your Holiday, cannot pay for a carer for Crunchie and you are on the verge of walking out maybe it is time to reconsider your decision to treat the Myxi.

I know this may read as shocking, but sadly it is something you need to think about. You could risk taking Crunchie away. The stress could easily exacerbate his Myxomatosis. He could become desperately ill and you would not have Veterinary care readily available. Yes, he might cope. But with such a grave illness as Myxomatosis I would not be prepared to take such a risk.

I genuinely do not mean to distress you further by this post and I hope that you are able to come to a decision that you feel to be right for Crunchie and for you.

I actually agree. There is no point in treating him at the cost of your own health. You would then not be able to care for him anyway.
Perhaps there is someone on the forum who you could take him to? Manchester isn't too far and there are a few members there. Or even bonnyhops rescue. I have no idea whether a myxi bunny is considered contagious or not.

I actually agree. There is no point in treating him at the cost of your own health. You would then not be able to care for him anyway.
Perhaps there is someone on the forum who you could take him to? Manchester isn't too far and there are a few members there. Or even bonnyhops rescue. I have no idea whether a myxi bunny is considered contagious or not.

No way can a person with Rabbits on site take in a Rabbit with Myxomatosis.

A total non starter

No way can a person with Rabbits on site take in a Rabbit with Myxomatosis.

A total non starter

I know that :( Furthermore if anyone could foster then i'd be able to take crunchie - Jane says the movemnet may upset him :(

Its 30 mins from me to vets :(

Its only 1hr from me to where I'm going :(

I know that :( Furthermore if anyone could foster then i'd be able to take crunchie - Jane says the movemnet may upset him :(

Its 30 mins from me to vets :(

Its only 1hr from me to where I'm going :(

It is not only the journey though. It will be a totally strange environment and as previously mentioned what if he went into acute Respiratory Distress ?

Only you can decide what to do. All I know is that if it were me I would have to forgo the Holiday. I could not live with myself if I took the risk of transporting such a sick Rabbit and as a result they became even more unwell.

But as I said, only you can decide what you do and what you could live with should things go badly wrong.

If I were certain I could not go on without the break (I cant actually imagine feeling like that as I would feel worse if I DID go away) and I had absolutely no-one who could take over the nursing care of Crunchie I would have to opt for PTS. It would be more humane.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

so my options are:

1) go and risk taking him and making his condition worse
2) stay and continue to feel worse as I wont get another chance for so much as a day off until god knows when in the new year - and loe money I cant aford to lose
3)go and have a surving bunny pts!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

How can I make that decision? Clearly you must be a stronger person than me Jane because I am so exhausted at the moment you wouldnt believe...the thought of not being able to stop...even just the thought is alredy making me feel...panicky....but so does the thught of pts a bunny who for all intents and purposes isnt ill ill at the moment :( Hence me asking the vet.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

so my options are:

1) go and risk taking him and making his condition worse
2) stay and continue to feel worse as I wont get another chance for so much as a day off until god knows when in the new year - and loe money I cant aford to lose
3)go and have a surving bunny pts!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

How can I make that decision? Clearly you must be a stronger person than me Jane because I am so exhausted at the moment you wouldnt believe...the thought of not being able to stop...even just the thought is alredy making me feel...panicky....but so does the thught of pts a bunny who for all intents and purposes isnt ill ill at the moment :( Hence me asking the vet.

If you don't go how are you not able to stop and have a day off? You can still have a break without going away, assuming you mean a break from work and not the animals. I've got to say there would be absolutely no decision to make for me, If I was so tired then I'd just have to operate on automatic pilot until I had another opportunity to go away. Having said that, going away just doesn't do it for me so I don't understand properly what it is you are missing out on. Not working and having 'me time' can be done without going away. I do understand the needing a break thing as I've not had a whole week off work in 12 years and it's months since I've had a whole day off.

Maybe find a way to treat yourself (that doesn't cost anything) on the day you would have gone away.

yes a day off, away from rhe house which is an ever growing mess, from work, from the area....wanted to visit a friend and treat beau who for the past few weeks has suffered from from mew not having any time for him properly. I feel trapped by the house...if I dont go away from it then i feel no benefit from a day off as theres always too much to do :( just feel so overwhelmed at the moment by everything :(

As Jane's said, nobody can make the decision for you, all we can do is advise what we would do in the situation and everybody will have different views on that.

I'm not sure if I've missed somewhere in all the posts :oops: but what has the vet said about Crunchie going away with you?

While Crunchie might cope ok with the journey, my other concern apart from that would be what would happen if he were to take a turn for the worse while you were there ...... is it still feasible to go to your vet from where you will be staying? I would suggest enquiring with the vet nurses anyway about getting him looked after; it could work out cheaper than you think because it's only for a day or so......

I feel trapped by the house...if I dont go away from it then i feel no benefit from a day off as theres always too much to do :(

Be tough with yourself. :) If you do decide not to go, then don't feel obliged to do things around the house or whatever - if you were away those things wouldn't get done, so it wouldn't be any different. You could still make time to spend with Beau too; perhaps you and he could go somewhere for just an hour or two during the day?

Be tough with yourself. :) If you do decide not to go, then don't feel obliged to do things around the house or whatever - if you were away those things wouldn't get done, so it wouldn't be any different. You could still make time to spend with Beau too; perhaps you and he could go somewhere for just an hour or two during the day?

its not that - by not getting away from it - its opressing. If I dnt do anything I feel worse...just feel so so o drained and completley depressed :( This is now the icing on the cake :(
Just the thought of another day tomorrow .....:(

Back