• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

redigrass

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
mum got mabel a bag, but ive never fed the stuff, normally only feed meadow hay and timothy hay, what should i do is it ok to feed?

thanks, is it like a treat then, what benefits does it have if any over hay? i don;lt want to upset her tummy :oops:

Last edited:
Some say it is rich in calcium, so should only be fed in small amounts. I like to feed it as an alternative to fresh grass, especially in winter.

Some say it is rich in calcium, so should only be fed in small amounts. I like to feed it as an alternative to fresh grass, especially in winter.

ok thanks, had heard about the calcium bits, but as she won't get to play outside over winte rshe should be ok with me feeding small amount each day :wave:

I'll be starting Spenser on a handful of readigrass daily soon. He's not the best of hay eaters, and mixing it in with his hay is an encouragement.

Oliver and the Spice Girls love it! When I got the hay sample pack from the Hay Experts, they demolished the bag of redigrass in no time :)

There are differing opinions on ReadiGrass but mine LOVE it! It's a really good food to tempt them with if they are reluctant to eat, for whatever reason. We always have some here 'just in case'.

Archie loves ready grass too, i just put a handful mixed in with his hay, he first searches around for the ready grass then eats his hay after, the bag says its more nutritious than hay but i wouldnt say so

Back