• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Long haired Bunny owners.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
How often do you groom??
Do you have problems going near the face and tummy??
Ta.Having a spot of trouble with Roland......

Hey, I groom everyday! My boy is really fluffy :lol: I take him to my room which he doesn`t go in, so he sits nicely on my bed while I can groom him all over including under his chin and I can check his belly and bum area.

Have you tried taking her into a room she hasn`t been in before? My two will not let me go near them if I attempt to groom them anywhere downstairs :lol:

Yeah, I have... Still get attacked :lol:
It's not quite as bad as cutting her nails though...

Yeah, I have... Still get attacked :lol:
It's not quite as bad as cutting her nails though...

:lol: I have the same issue!!
I have to take him to work with me (vets) to be shaved a little every couple of months, the car journey seems to shake him up enough to sit still.

He is an Angora x, and a grumpy little so and so!!

I groom Smudge about once a month, I probably ought to do it more but it appears to stress him out, then he jumps on the floor and runs rings around us. :roll: If I have to do his tum, I don't do it every time, then I unfortunately have to lay him on his back and get it done as quickly as I can. He just about lets me do round his face with a comb.

With Roland I'd groom him every day! He's such a fluffster you need to keep on top of it!

(can we have some pictures of the lovely little man?! :love:)

Last edited:
:wave: Rich gives SophieAnnie a weekly 'furcut', every sunday (she is a woolly fur bunny). He does an amazing job, and she is so good for him. Its astounding how fast her fur grows in just a week, it is a constant battle, she will let him trim her for hours....however when she has had enough, she will let him know;).

He struggles with her tummy and her feet.

With Rowland I'd groom him every day! He's such a fluffster you need to keep on top of it!

(can we have some pictures of the lovely little man?! :love:)

Hes not,not really.Its only around his head and bum.Yes, he looks almightily fluffy,I know!!
But I have trouble round his face.He wont let me touch....he gets knotty around his botty too and theres no way he will lie on his back....not in a million.
When I go down the Mansion I will get pics....Patience,Grasshopper!!

I take Jack to the groomers every 4 weeks - she brushes and cuts his coat, shaves under his chin and his bottom, and clips his nails if needed. It takes about 30 minutes, and he is very well behaved.

In between appointments, I do what is necessary - brush or trim, but not around his face or bottom. With me, however, he is very naughty and will not behave!!! This = groomer :lol:

Mine get brushed most days, either by brush or by me stroking the fur out. I really can't do round near their bums underneath though and have had matts shaved off before. I can never see them allowing me to pick them up to do underneath. I've been trying for a year :lol: Frankie is now brave enough to struggle at the vets so I guess the way forward for her will be some sort of sedative if she matts again :shock: I've got her used to the brush everywhere else, and can check her for flystrike when she's flopped, but she will not tolerate a brush there.

Starfish is a wes honey when it comes to getting groomed. To do under her chin, I have her on my knee and gently make a ring round her nose and mouth with my thumb and middle finger, gently lift her head and comb out as much as I can before she scrambles backwards onto the floor.

To do tums and bots I keep their back legs on my knee and lift their front legs and head and hold them firmly in to my tum - which there is a lot of! They are then upright but with back feet on my legs.

Here is the demonstration by my sweetie! I got Gary to take this quickly when I had finished grooming her so I would always remember what her tummy looked like!

SFTummy.JPG

I have a cashmere rabbit and I can honestly say she is a complete nightmare. Her hair is so whispy that a normal animal brush is too harsh for it and just gets caught and a comb doesn't tend to do the job apart from pull out any knots. She's not even six months yet and as a result her fur still isn't fully grown ...

3c5c77e7.jpg

I'm going to have to invest in some clippers to help me stay on top of it, if anyone has any recommendations it would be really appreciated :)

Starfish is a wes honey when it comes to getting groomed. To do under her chin, I have her on my knee and gently make a ring round her nose and mouth with my thumb and middle finger, gently lift her head and comb out as much as I can before she scrambles backwards onto the floor.

To do tums and bots I keep their back legs on my knee and lift their front legs and head and hold them firmly in to my tum - which there is a lot of! They are then upright but with back feet on my legs.

Here is the demonstration by my sweetie! I got Gary to take this quickly when I had finished grooming her so I would always remember what her tummy looked like!

SFTummy.JPG

Bless her!

I have never groomed Spenser's front or tummy. :oops: I thini it would definitely be a two person job as he is extremely strong and extremely difficult to handle. I can now carry him safely from hutch to run and, believe me, that is actually progress from where we started. As far as I can see, his tummy is very fluffy but not matted. :?

i brush jasper every day, i wouldnt say he loves it but he doesnt struggle or run away. he just looks grumpy and then when im finished he hops off and grooms himself with a total look o disgust on his face :lol:

Back