• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan Insurance Charity Cover

Alicia

Mama Doe
I got Izzy three weeks ago and got 4 weeks free petplan insurance, and it is the charity cover version that the rescue gives to everyone. Her insurance runs out on the 27th October and I've decided not to insure her again because I prefer to just keep money aside for the rabbits. She is underweight and although I've got great advice and information from here I'd like to take her to the vets just to find out if there is anything else the problem that may be making it difficult for her to gain weight.
I can't find on the petplan website or on any of the information sheets I've got, what does the charity cover not cover that the full insurance does?

Was the rabbit vet checked prior to being homed with you? If so I would ask to check the records/notes. I think the insurance as with all insurance given as a freebee or just taken out will not cover anything pre-existing or anything found or started in the first 14 days of cover.

I know insurance seems expensive but the vet bills can quickly add up - Maisy went a couple of months ago with the start of GI Stassis, she was weighed, temp taken, usual meds prescribed and away I went £82 lighter! Insurance paid me back £17 thankfully she was back to normal in a couple of days but of course had she not been the insurance would have come in to it's own, if not insured I would have quickly been looking at £100's of pounds in vets bills.

I got Izzy three weeks ago and got 4 weeks free petplan insurance, and it is the charity cover version that the rescue gives to everyone. Her insurance runs out on the 27th October and I've decided not to insure her again because I prefer to just keep money aside for the rabbits. She is underweight and although I've got great advice and information from here I'd like to take her to the vets just to find out if there is anything else the problem that may be making it difficult for her to gain weight.
I can't find on the petplan website or on any of the information sheets I've got, what does the charity cover not cover that the full insurance does?

On the 4 weeks free they will consider everything for you and i think its a £65 excess. As long as its not a previous condition... always send a claim form anyway. The full cover there is a 14 days deferment period on there if you done take out full cover and they do a 12 month policy and also a cover for life... i would only do a cover for life myself! If Izzy has something and you claim on petplan make sure you take a policy out staright away... As if you dont that condition will be excluded on the policy.. if was you take a continuing policy out incase until you have beento vets as you CAN cancel anytime and not get charged for it. Hope this helps. :wave:

Back